Dorian - Unwelcome Visitor

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
I hope my fellow Floridians are watching the weather. It's Hurricane prep time. Right now it's forecast to hit the east coast Sunday night about 100 miles south of us. That's the best guess now. Lots can change in 4 days. We're stocked up for it and the generator is at the ready. Now we wait till it gets closer and button up the house. Everybody be safe please.

Lew and all those in the path of Dorian, please take all the precautions! I have only experienced one cat 1 hurricane so can’t imagine how bad a cat 3 or 4 is. We are expecting 2 inches of rain tonight from tropical storm Erin which is nothing in comparison. Stay Safe folks! ������

My wife and I experienced our first hurricane in Corpus Christi, TX in 1969 - I think. Direct hit Cat. 3 and lost nothing. Our 4th hurricane was here in 2004 and we had 100 mph winds at our house. Lost 4 Oak trees but no damage to the house. If Dorian comes that will make 7 for us and we are already stocked up. The aftermath is the unpleasant part but can be handled especially because we don't have flooding where we live - 35 miles inland..

Lew... fingers crossed and wishes that Dorian will be easy on you, your family and local community.

After what seemed like a long time we are finally feeling Dorian. It's offshore and south of us but we got our first rain band at 8 PM. Winds aren't forecast to get above 34 here so we're breathing a sigh of reief and plan on a good night's sleep. Now we just pray that the power stays on.

Back