Post your Labor Day charcoal sale finds here!

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
In an attempt to keep the sales all in one place, like that would ever happen. :p

Today at Home Depot, twin 20 lb. bags of Embers by Royal Oak $5.98.
Twin 20 lb bags of Kingsford Original $14.98.
I didn't see the usual LD sale pallets of Kingsford, but didn't go up near the main entrance.

Edit: prices may vary, best to call ahead if in doubt.

Last edited:
In an attempt to keep the sales all in one place, like that would ever happen. :p

I didn't see the usual LD sale pallets of Kingsford, but didn't go up near the main entrance.

I think thats HD's sale price for the kingsford. Great price on the embers though.

Due to fire restrictions and 100-105 heat I still have 24 bags of briquets and three large bags of lump. Bought a couple of bags of royal Oak at Walleys when they were selling I believe they were 20lb twin packs for $8 and change. That's it in the past two years.

Edit: prices may vary, best to call ahead if in doubt.

The $14.98 price for Kingsford is their pre-Labor Day Sale price since it goes until 08/29. That means that the Labor Day Sale price should be about $12.98 or so.

Here in San Jose, same deal as Memorial Day at Lowe's: Kingsford Original 2-pack 20lb for $14.88, valid 8/29/19 to 9/6/19. While supplies last.

Home Depot, Tooele UT:
Kingsford Original 2-pack 20lb $14.98 8/29/19 - 9/2/19. Looks like the standard sale price.
Embers 2-Pack 20lb $9.98 8/29/19 - 9/8/19 - I think I'm going for this one. Never tried these before.

Lowe's, Salt Lake City UT:
Kingsford Original 2-pack 20lb $14.88 8/29/19 - 9/4/19 - $0.10 cheaper than HD!
Cowboy 15-lb Oak & Hickory Hardwood Lump Charcoal $12.98 8/29/19 - 9/4/19
Royal Oak 15.4-lb Charcoal Briquets 2/$8.00 8/29/19 - 9/4/19 - *I also have some broken Craftsman screwdrivers I can return at the same time.

I guess kingsford isnt dropping their price any more. I miss the +/- .25 cent per pound days. Although I have to say the embers stuff works great in the WSM.

Just back from Lowes. Two 15.4lb bags of Royal Oak Classic briquettes for $8.

I guess kingsford isnt dropping their price any more. I miss the +/- .25 cent per pound days. Although I have to say the embers stuff works great in the WSM.

Doesn't look like it. We'll see what happens for the Memorial Day Sale next year, but yeah, $14.88 may be it.

I'm out of regular charcoal, so I need to scour the stores for more.

Remember the cheap lump brand from last year? (Westin?) Anyone used it of late?

I just got back from the Oswego IL HD.
The 2-20lb pack of Emebers was $9.98 ( I grabbed 4)
They also had a $ 40.00 off promo if you signed up for a HD credit card today only.

Tim

I just got back from the Oswego IL HD.
The 2-20lb pack of Emebers was $9.98 ( I grabbed 4)
They also had a $ 40.00 off promo if you signed up for a HD credit card today only.

Tim
Embers was $5.98 for the twin 20 here last week, looks like it's $9.98 now.
I bought one twin pack, and yesterday did a little burn test using 5 Embers, and 5 RO all natural from Walmart.
I'll try to post the results with a few pics later today. I will say the briquettes look the same, but do not burn the same.

Embers was $5.98 for the twin 20 here last week, looks like it's $9.98 now.

Yea it was, I was there last week and that was the stuff they had CLearanced out. They only had a few bags left on the pallet in the BBQ dept and they looked pretty beat up.
This stuff today was on pallets in the middle of the aisle, pristine like they just got it, or pulled it out of storage.

Tim

Weber Briquettes 20lb bag is on sale for $12.99 as of a couple of hours ago at truevalue.com with free delivery to your local store.

Back