Thread: Celebrated in great style!

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar

Celebrated in great style!

Family and a few friends came by to celebrate my birthday on Saturday (better to do these Bacchanalian feasts on any day but Monday) I had both barrels of the Overperformer fired and the Genny working as well
    Ribeyes, standing rib roast, wings, andouille (Youze Guys), brats, Hasselback Mettwurst (Plath’s), on kettles, Parmesan roasted broccoli and smashed potatoes on the Genny.
    I don’t post pix, too lazy for one more learning curve but, the TVWBB was a topic of conversation to be sure!
    Thanks for the “card” Chris.
    And Hail Hephaestus! (Blacksmith to the Gods)

Inside joke for TonyUK and myself
    Charter members of the International Hephaestus Society.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Sounds like a feast, I love andouille...

Happy Birthday !
    2002 18" WSM , 1999 22 Kettle , 1983 Smokey Joe , 2019 26" Kettle , 2016 Spirit 3 Gasser , Old Country Brazos offset smoker

Happy Birthday! sounds like you had quite the bacchanal going on. I never heard of Metwurst being done on a grill though. My experience with it is as a soft "spreadable" type of sausage

I keep bringing more of the Mettwurst back from Plath’s when we go to the cottage! Started with one, this year I brought back three. Should have done ten! Plath’s is a nice smoked (rather polish like sausage) with whole mustard seed, sold in whole tied loops. I cut it “Hassleback” style and serve it with grilled (or roasted) red and yellow peppers and onions, this batch I drizzled with Croatian fig preserve, it shared a platter with wings and everyone went bananas over the fig stuff on the wings, who knew!?
    Vast quantities of beverages were enjoyed by all as well, cleanup lasted until almost one AM and I had to do a gig Sunday morning at 10:30! I did not play my best...
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Sounds like a good time was had by all. Happy Birthday.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Sounds great, but you do need to work on your pics and show us your creations.
    It's not that hard, I'm the most least computer savy guy out here, but I learned.
    Smart phone and the Flickr app makes it easy.

Crap I forgot , Happy B-day!

Tim
    Last edited by timothy; 08-27-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    Sounds great, but you do need to work on your pics and show us your creations.
    It's not that hard, I'm the most least computer savy guy out here, but I learned.
    Smart phone and the Flickr app makes it easy.

Crap I forgot , Happy B-day!

Tim

Trust me Timothy, you are not the least computer savy person here.
    Food is the ultimate passion. It's neccesity and indulgence all in one

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    Happy Birthday!! It sounds like a great time was had by all!
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Slow ‘N Sear 2.0, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Timothy, you and I are birthday buds (or close enough). I think your celebration is more fitting to the occasion. I "celebrated" at a noisy restaurant with my cranky parents complaining about everything, and my wife kicking me under the table because I was staying silent.

If I bring drinks, can I come to your place next year?
    (AH)-Black, ThermaPen Classic-Red, Weber 6707 Deluxe Tool Set, Weber 6645 Travel Tool Set, Weber 6469 Premium Grilling Rack

Of course you can!