Don't try this at home -OR- I didn't think this one through, but the dog liked it

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
This morning I made a McClint (whole wheat toasted sandwich with an egg, 2 slices of cheese, 3 slices of bacon, and some ketchup) with 2 eggs & 2 slices of bacon on the side.

I filled my faithful friend's dish but put it out of her reach so I could pour some bacon grease on her dog food after I was done making my breakfast.

I made my plate and there wasn't as much bacon grease as usual since the bacon slices were so thin, so I poured about 3/4 cup of Iams dry dog food into my hot cast iron pan and shook it around.

Normally I just pour the grease into her dish. I filled my house with the smell and smoke of warm dog food!

Luckily I installed an evaporative cooler in my house this June (took out the old one when I replaced my roof a couple years ago.) and blew in a bunch of fresh air.

I scrubbed the skillet several times. Maybe I'll buff it down to a mirror finish like I've thought about doing a few times.

I used to put a little veg oil on my Lab's kibble. Believed it would make her coat shinier. All it did was hasten the exit of her meal out her exhaust pipe :( .

Our golden / husky / coyote mix can eat anything and it doesn't bother her at all and she loves bacon grease in her food. Our black lab not so much anything greasy and it's clean up on the rocks in the back yard.

Our dachshunds went to the dentist 3 weeks ago and lost most of their teeth! My bad.
They were getting wet food, Purina Pro Plan sensitive systems blend, until last Wednesday, when I started mixing their usual kibble, which was soaked in water for 5-10 minutes, with ever decreasing amounts of wet.
Today was the first day that they got back to the plain dry food.
Levi scarfed it up like normal, but Daisy didn't eat any until later, 10-11.
I guess that she was hoping to get some wet food!

Back