The Incredible Pork Steak Discovery

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Friday I posted an article about pork steaks in Just Conversation. I thought that might be a solution to the incredible dry pork chops I keep cooking up. Although you can’t find them here I thought the next time I bought a pork shoulder I would have the butcher slice off a few steaks to try.
Well being old slow and full of fleas I forgot I already did that. Went out to the freezer for something else and right there on the pork shelf was a couple of pork steaks.
Bet you can’t guess what we had for dinner last night.

Breaded the chop and grilled it on the gasser I have to say a lot better than loin chops and a nice break from beef and chicken. Very moist and tender. Barb made up some slaw and some grilled corn.
Easy Saturday dinner.

48619110782_a6a63e1b5c_z.jpg
[/url]100_5255 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

48618964271_cf4b466d8b_z.jpg
[/url]100_5259 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

48619110287_4579e83c6f_z.jpg
[/url]100_5261 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
Have a great week

Rich a great cook and nice plate too. We love pork steaks, every time we see pork shoulder on sale we have it slices thick of steaks between 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick. they are so much better than a loin chop.

What temp do you cook them to? Is it higher like a shoulder or more like medium like you would cook loin? These seem to be gaining popularity in Texas where places like Snow's have been cooking them for years.

What temp do you cook them to? Is it higher like a shoulder or more like medium like you would cook loin? These seem to be gaining popularity in Texas where places like Snow's have been cooking them for years.

This was the first time I've grilled one, I cooked it to 130-135 medium direct and the carry over took it to just under 140 which seemed to be just right. I just used the bread coating and did not brine it.

Back