looking for suggestions

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi,
Thought I would throw this out there and see what comes up. As I mentioned before Weber sent me a new Genesis/Spirit Green lid assemble for my 2001 Silver B. I also received other parts from them. I have some items which I really don't want to store in the basement. Those things are 1 Mica Green 2001 Lid Assembly in very good condition, burner tubes with the plastic mesh bug screens, also in very nice condition(screens are excellent shape), and 2 control panels, one used V.G. condition and one brand new. I live in the Philadelphia area. Have listed on local Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. Even if I listed it at too high a price, someone should have shown interest, but has been no response at all. Any suggestions please. Not looking to make money on it,but should be worth a few bucks, even an offer. Thanks.....George

Last edited:
George, I don't think there's much of a market beyond what's on this forum for old Weber parts. You'll probably have to pretty much give them away if you want to get rid of them.

If that's your green lid I saw on FB marketplace, I think you're asking way, way, way too much. Most people would be looking for a perfectly functioning grill at that price, not just a lid and some burners. Also, you might have better luck with separate ads for each part, rather than lumping them together.

Lids would be hard too get rid of, since they are usually the most solid part of an old grill.

Offhand, I think an old lid is worth maybe $20, maybe $30 if it's in good shape and a color I really want.

George, if you post some links to the stuff online, maybe we can look at them and give you some tips. Price is the main consideration, but presentation (Description and photos) has a lot to do with it as well.

The colored lids don’t sell in my area either. I tried to sell a mica green one for months. It was completely restored. Cleaned inside and out and side panels repainted. I was asking $20. No success. I am not even sure I would find someone to pick it up for fee. Other parts like control panel and burners I don’t even try to sell. I put them in the alley during bulky trash collection and have the scrap metal collectors pick them up.
I think the only chance to sell this stuff might be in groups like this or in some of Weber FB groups.

I agree with stephan. Pretty hard to sell these old parts on line locally. The smaller parts like control panels and manifolds and stuff can be sold on ebay or to other members in this forum sometimes, but you won't make much after shipping. The best thing to do is gather up all the parts and make one good grill and sell it. LOL.

Thanks so much. That’s exactly what I was looking for-your suggestions. I think the scrap metal guy will be getting some stuff on Wednesday unless I decide to restore something I see online???Thanks for your help again. I felt I was asking way too much but had no idea what was the correct price. Anyway will only keep new thermometer. George

Back