Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found this surfing the net all about pork steaks

Publix (Southeast USA) carries Pork Steaks all the time. Gotta get my hometown fix on a regular basis. When we moved to Florida in 02 no one carried them but now they're everywhere.
    Old dog, learning new tricks - one cook at a time :-). -14.5" and 18.5" WSM, SS Performer, CB Rotisserie, Camp Chef Smokepro DLX (Modified) Pellet Grill

Nice articles, gentlemen, next time I grab a butt I'll have the butcher slice it for me. I have an 8#er defrosting right now, not sure if I'll slice it myself.

Nice pics in the first article, & interesting brinerade (brine /marinade) in the 2nd. 3/4" thick in the first, 1/4" - 1/2" in the 2nd......

I see them more often in latino or ethnic markets. If butts are on sale they usually have a bunch sliced, or to order.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    I see them more often in latino or ethnic markets. If butts are on sale they usually have a bunch sliced, or to order.

Tim
    I thought the same thing yesterday! Theirs are usually available in several different marinades, or chopped with veggies, ready to fry, or plain. I <3 the Mexican Markets, I think about visiting them more often than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    Guess the writer has never been to St Louis, the pork steak capital.
    He acts like it's a new discovery.
    This statement sure isn't true around here:
    "You probably won't find pork shoulder steaks packaged and ready to go at your local market."
    Just to support that, my neighborhood market here in Utah stocks packaged pork steaks, so they can't be that rare.
    (AH)-Black, ThermaPen Classic-Red, Weber 6707 Deluxe Tool Set, Weber 6645 Travel Tool Set, Weber 6469 Premium Grilling Rack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12