Lifetime i hope is a long time

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
renewal for my KCBS membership expires at the end of August...
so I decided to stop paying them 40 bucks every year and fork out the lifetime membership cost.
(I've been a member since 2009)

today, I received this in the post.

wU58w6v.jpg

now I need to live up to it.

So what's it going to be, Jim? I'm expecting a sensational first cook as a lifetime member...with photos, of course! :wsm:

Last edited:
Congratulations Jim. You must enjoy KCBS and that's a good thing. With the innovating cooks you do you should be a life member.

Last edited:
Congrats, Jim. I have been a member about a year, and finally got around to judging my
first contest last weekend. It is highly likely I will end up getting one of those lifetime deals
in the next year or two.

Congratulations and Welcome to the Club, Jim !!!

You might as well join the rest of us judging some of the best BBQ there is...

Wife and I are both Lifetime Members, Master Judges (CBJ) and Certified Table Captains.
I'm just over 60 contests judged. Maryann is just under 60 contests judged.

Bob and Maryann
58212 - 58213

Thank you all for the kind comments :)
Bob, I may look into the judging thing... you and wife must have been in KCBS for quite some time now. And judging for a while too.
Congratulations to you both!! That is quite impressive!

Jim... I do hope you take the class. Time with both he judge and team communities make for an enjoyable weekend. Heck, our next competition is down in San Diego for a "small row boat get-together".... (grin).... San Diego Bayfair

We joined KCBS in July of 2010 and took our cbj class in March 2013. I wonder if there was a gap in your membership as your number should be less than ours.

We joined KCBS in July of 2010 and took our cbj class in March 2013. I wonder if there was a gap in your membership as your number should be less than ours.
2009 is incorrect... that is the year I joined TVWBB... not sure of the date I joined KCBS... can not find the answer on their site, either.
Might be 2013?

Back