Creekstone Farms - $69.99 Master Choice Briskets

Brian Lee

TVWBB Fan
Has anyone cooked their master choice briskets before? They're currently offering a $50 savings on their Master Choice. This is not the prime brisket that Aaron Franklin buys in bulk. My local Costco doesn't carry prime packers, but I do have Restaurant Depot nearby, so can get their SAB briskets. Just wanted to see anyone has any feedback on these briskets. Thanks!

I have two of them in the freezer that I bought in June. I'm gonna get to one of them in a couple weeks. We've had too much smoked meats in the freezer that needed to be eaten.

They look good frozen , for what that's worth :)

And no, its not prime brisket. And they specifically say its not the competition brisket they sell. But I have no problem buying what they call " upper two thirds choice " , because the USDA gradings are suspect. USDA only grades the rib eye. Just because rib eye graded prime, doesn't mean the brisket will be prime.

because the USDA gradings are suspect. USDA only grades the rib eye. Just because rib eye graded prime, doesn't mean the brisket will be prime.

Huh...you mean to tell me that if the rib eye gets a prime rating, the entire cow does? I had no idea...

Huh...you mean to tell me that if the rib eye gets a prime rating, the entire cow does? I had no idea...

Yes

Quality grades are reflective of the eating quality of beef. Beef carcasses are cut between the 12th and 13th rib, making the ribeye easy to view. United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Graders evaluate the distribution on marbling in the ribeye. The age or maturity of the animal is also factored into the quality grade

https://meatscience.org/TheMeatWeEat/topics/fresh-meat/grades-of-meat

Back