Computer settings

Joel_T

I have gotten my stoker up and running. I am having a problem getting the data coming into my PC to stay in the updating process. After a few minutes using the Stoker Status page the info coming in would not be current and i would either have to hit refresh (which many times did nothing) or type in the ip address again. I figure that this must be a setting or settings on my laptop causing this. I am running a ACER, with 1.8gz processor, 1.5gigs ram and windows xp home version, SP3.

If you need anymore info just let me know.
Thanks all.
Joel

From what I recall, the page only refreshes once every 10 minutes. There is no way to change that as the page content is served up by the stoker.

The above was the main reason I started to develop stokerlog. Waiting so long for the next update was a pain if your fire seemed to be dying for example. Hitting F5 is a manual workaround to refresh as you found. But still a pain.

So get stokerlog. There, you get an update once a second which means it is essentially real-time.

Nothing else will change the situation. Your PC is not the problem but the stoker software defaults.

Amir,
Thanks for your reply. That does make sense that it will only update as programmed. I have downloaded Stokerlog and will try it out on Tuesday morning as I have 16 butts to smoke. I will keep you posted.

Thanks Again,
Joel

Back