Recommendation for a >8' adapater hose?

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
I want to switch to a 20lb propane tank with my Q1200. But I need an adapter hose which is a about 8' long or longer. I have seen 6' and 12' but really nothing in between. Plus the ratings of the 12' hoses are not that great. Lots of people complaining about leaks.
Anyone using a longer adapater hose they can recommend?

I frankly would not use one that long. With the design of the smaller Q grills having the regulator up near the control valve they are problematic even with a short hose

Your other option is to convert it over to a regular propane hose with built in regulator and remove the regulator from the grill and run it that way. But, then you lose the option to use a 1lb cylinder. I have the Q200 on my deck hooked up that way.

Your other option is to convert it over to a regular propane hose with built in regulator and remove the regulator from the grill and run it that way. But, then you lose the option to use a 1lb cylinder. I have the Q200 on my deck hooked up that way.

I've seen adaptors that convert the 20lb tank fitting to the style used on 1 lb tanks, so you probably can still hook up a 1lb tank but it'll be on the end of the hose.

Back