Q200 with stand

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have never seen the Q200 with the Q300 style stand before. I was wondering if these grills lift off the stand so they are portable or is the grill permanently attached to the stand like the Q300 is?

Hi Bruce,

The 2XX grills on the 3XX style stand do lift off and it is annoying. There is a separate handle on the stand for moving it but I am forever grabbing the handle of the Q to move it and it starts to lift off. I also have a Q3200 that is fixed to the stand and am used to moving it so I easily get mixed up. Will take some pics for you if you are interested. Hope this helps.

Richard.

NO, richard, thanks but you answered my question perfectly. Thanks a bunch.

Bruce

Yep Richard is correct. A number of years ago I bought oldest daughter a Q2xx with stand and it is the Q3xx style stand. Yes it does lift off and when moving it's a PIA because your natural tendency is to grab the handle on the grill itself. But once it's in place it's light years better than the folding stand

I have that stand, and, while it is definitely easy to grab the wrong handle, I personally really like the more "permanent" look for sitting on my deck and also that it is a more substantial, less wobbly base.

Another bonus for me is that I also have a CharQ which is the same size as the Q200/2000. It is nice to be able to swap them out pretty readily. So, I have a gas grill and a charcoal grill both available on my small deck without taking up very much space...which makes my wife happier. And, as comedian Jeff Allen says, "Happy wife, happy life." I still haven't got that mastered, though:eek:!

Back