Grilled Skirt Steak... Again

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I decided to close down another hot week with a skirt steak cook. I cracked into my freezer stash of outside skirt and picked out a pack I'd purchased in Oregon a while back. Sided it with some Yukon Gold Mashed and a nice looking veggie dish I've been wanting to try. Here goes.

This one was about a pound and a half.

enhance

Cut off about a pound and marinated it for an hour in Sweetwater Ancho Chipotle Brisket Bath. Then rubbed it down with Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold rub.

enhance

enhance

Here's brine, rub and sauce.

enhance

Cooked the potatoes earlier in the day on my camp stove. Too hot today to boil potatoes in the kitchen. Used Yukon Golds this time.

enhance

Got going on the vegetables. Green bell, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and tomato. Drizzled a light dressing of oil and spices.

enhance

Potatoes were stone cold from the fridge so I heated them on the 22 for about 45 minutes.

enhance

Steak on.

enhance

Veggies too.

enhance

Flipped the steak and got a nice char on the second side.

enhance

Potatoes done.

enhance

Veggies too.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Forgot to get a picture of the slices. As soon as I got the meat in the house I applied a light coat of the KC Bootleg BBQ Sauce. Then sliced.
Great tasting meal. My wife loved it. That's it until next time. Hope you all had a fun weekend. Thanks for looking.

Looks great! I love it when mashed taters get that golden brown crust on top!

Picture perfect!
Skirts used to be dirt cheap, but like anything else nowadays, we get what we pay for.:)

Tim

Don't know how I missed this one, well, yeah I do but we won't go there. That is one great cook as usual, really like the veggies.
We are into day 17 in a row if we hit 100 today which seems highly likely, plus add smoke from a wildfire and it just sucks.
Fall can't get here soon enough.

Back