More High Heat Baby Back Ribs

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
used a full chimney of Weber briquettes dumped to one side of the 26" kettle
a coupla chunks of apple wood for smoke...
seasoned baby backs over foil to the other side.

JtOwGko.jpg

grill temp was a steady 400ºF the entire 1 hour, 45 minute cook.

1dDEXBC.jpg

after one hour, I wrapped the bones in butcher paper and returned them to their original placement

4mdukyF.jpg

about 30 minutes later, the ribs were unwrapped and placed back on the Weber for an additional 15 minutes.
then I took them off to rest.

udooCa4.jpg

before slicing, I rolled them over for better bone sighting (to make cutting them easier)

GTY5FlE.jpg

served them with Dean's Iron Skillet Baked Potatoes, also fresh from our garden green & pole beans and various sautéed peppers
~ and an ice cold Miller High Life ~

mtuMXg4.jpg

Thank you for viewing!

How timely, I just made a special trip out this morning to get some BB's for a Lampe HH cook.
Yours look excellent, again!

Your opinion about butcher paper vs foil, please.

Looks great Jim, that's the way I do BBs now and St. Louis spares also. I 've got a tread a few down from yours that I did some spares using the HH method on Thursday, came out great, takes a little longer about 2 1/2 hours.

Jim Lampe showing us how its done. I thank you for the high heat ribs recipe, its the only way i do ribs now.

Just broke in the new to me 26R last weekend with some BBs and the IKEA rib racks ;)
Lots a real-estate on the 26R.

EuBmzkH.jpg

That's the reason I bought a 26 , so I could have plenty of room to HH baby backs and spares. I was doing them that way on the 22, but just wanted more room.

The baby backs have enough marbling to handle high heat really well.

If I do ribs on the offset, or on the 18 WSM, I feel like I need to do several racks to make it worth the effort.

Nice lookin ribs, btw.

Thank you all very much!
I am happy to hear the high heat way works well for so many others. Very cool :cool:

Mr. Lampe, thank you for sharing your high heat BB rib cook. Back when you first shared the 45, 30, 5, 10 method I started cooking my BB that way and have not looked back since. Yesterday I did 3 racks on my 26. Turned out outstanding. Thanks again.

Bill

Thank you jim for this recipe, i'm going to take the plunge and do a rack this morning i have always done them low and slow in the wsm, i'll take pics of my progress, wish me luck.

Do y’all think this can be done on a gasser?

Nick, During the summer here they have fire restrictions which doesn't allow us to use charcoal. Until I got the pellet grill I had to do the ribs on my gasser and they came out great. My E320 has E/W burners and I shut off the front burner and put the ribs there and have the back on high and the middle on low.
If you have N/S burners I guess like Jim said shut down one of the side burners, should work fine.

Back