Increasing 14" capacity

Lewis B

TVWBB Fan
Hi guys. Are there any mods to increase the capacity of a 14" WSM? A stacker kit or extra grate?
Thanks. Lew.

I don’t have a 14” but was thinking of getting one. I’m happy with my 18 and am surprised how efficient it is on charcoal.
Doesn’t the 14” have two grates? What things are you trying to cook on it? Maybe it would be better to get a cheap used 18 to supplement your 14?

The 14 will be a gift for my father in law. We chose the 14 so he could take it camping with him. I know there are ways to increase capacity for the 18 & 22, just wondering if they are any ways to do the same for the 14.

There's only 5.5" between top and bottom grate, so adding a grate between those two will only accommodate thin items.

You may be able to fashion a small grate that sits on top of the top grate, as done in the larger WSMs.

There's only 5.5" between top and bottom grate, so adding a grate between those two will only accommodate thin items.

You may be able to fashion a small grate that sits on top of the top grate, as done in the larger WSMs.

How much food can you imagine your father cooking in the 14" WSM? Maybe it holds more than you think it can...depending on whether you are grilling or smoking.

I don’t have a 14” but was thinking of getting one. I’m happy with my 18 and am surprised how efficient it is on charcoal.
Doesn’t the 14” have two grates? What things are you trying to cook on it? Maybe it would be better to get a cheap used 18 to supplement your 14?

^this

The 18 is amazingly efficient.

Back