Weber Baked Chimichangas

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I've been wanting to give this a try for quite some time. Baked Chimichangas. Tweaked recipe to do the cook on my Performer. It was 107 here yesterday so I got the chicken going in the early AM and put the Chimi's in the fridge until last evening. Here's a few pic's.

Spun the bird after seasoning.

enhance

About 40 minutes in.

enhance

enhance

Just about done.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Fast forward to shredding the breast meat.

enhance

Mixed shredded chicken with some homemade salsa, dried oregano, cumin, shredded Mexican blend cheese and Spanish rice.

enhance

Made 4 of these and placed in fridge.

enhance

----------------------

On the grill for around 30 minutes.

enhance

Nice and toasty.

enhance

Plated them up.

enhance

enhance

This was a fun cook. These things were delicious. Wonderful flavor combinations and small amount of heat. Definitely will be doing them again. Thank you all for looking.

Excellent cook Cliff! I think I may 'borrow' your idea for this weekend. It's too hot to cook indoors.

Smei-related question: how do you like the Meater? It's on my short list to buy, but just don't quite know yet.

Love Chimichangas ! Those look great and I'm sure tasted the same. Really nice photography Cliff.
It's been 105 here the last few days and at least 100 each day for the last three weeks. We've lived in the area here for 17 years and have never been this hot. Really scary.

Cliff, you nailed that chicken awesome job, and the Chimichangas look fantastic. Love them, will have to do some real soon. Yes this heat is getting old real fast. Try to stay cool Cliff.

Back