Weber Style Tubing Connectors

I have something similar to those but I haven't tried them yet. The grill is taken apart and sitting in a container. I need to clean the rust off before I try to reassemble them. Probably a project for a rainy day.

@Eddie, those are the exact ones I have except that I got them from McMasterCarr. Let me know how they work for you.

Last edited:
I don't think I would use the round ones. THey are made for round stock. But I did order some square ones with the same kind of flanges...those flanges are the same type that Weber used in putting the grills together. I realized the McMaster-Carr ones are not really designed to connect metal stock together. Rather, they designed to add adjustable height to legs. That being said, they do seem to work fine for connecting frame pieces.

Here are the ones I ordered a month ago. They are more like the original weber ones. https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Pack-Thr...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Richard, I will try to remember, but I bought them for my inventory. I don't have a current need for them, but I wanted them on hand for when I did. Funny thing is that I bought a MIG welder a couple days ago...So, I may not have any need for them. LOL

Yeah, would love a Mig welder. Have a stick welder but it is too hot for the thin wall tubing in these grills. Just burns a hole through. SIL to be just got a Mig but he is an hour away. :-(
Enjoy your new Mig! :)

I will. An hour's drive to get some welding done once in a while isn't a bad deal.

I don't think I would use the round ones. THey are made for round stock. But I did order some square ones with the same kind of flanges...those flanges are the same type that Weber used in putting the grills together. I realized the McMaster-Carr ones are not really designed to connect metal stock together. Rather, they designed to add adjustable height to legs. That being said, they do seem to work fine for connecting frame pieces.

Here are the ones I ordered a month ago. They are more like the original weber ones. https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Pack-Thr...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I just ordered them. Plan to use them on the Siver C that got for free. Will let you know how they work out.

Bobby

Bobby,
I, and I am sure others, will also be interested. If you have also used the McMaster ones, a comparison would be very helpful. I have never worried about the slight protrusion the McMaster ones show, but if these work well without that it would be a better look and fit.

Look forward to your findings.

Several years ago, long long before I found this site, the lower cross member of my grill frame fell off because these little inserts we are talking about rusted away. I asked around but no one had a clue what they were or where to find them. So I improvised. Here is the base of my grill:
Sjz65z.jpg

I took a 1/4 threaded rod and cut it to fit the length of the bar, thru the end cross member an allow a little for a nut. I took a large fender washer, ground it square and fixed it a couple of inches from the end of the rod with nuts.
afMuJL.jpg

I did it on both ends...
17D1tX.jpg

The pros are this is esthetically acceptable, cheap and completely functional for this application.
The cons are that you have the threaded bolt sticking out both ends so you need to do some frame disassembly to get it into place.
Also, it will not work for the cross member beside the fire box because that requires a bolt through the middle of the bar. It solution to that would be to fabricate a U shaped piece with 3/4in ends and width of a couple of inches. Then fasten a bar to each end of the U piece.
There are always alternate solutions. It’s just that some are better than others. I’ll use the inserts but if L need something quick and dirty and cheap, this works. Talk about coloring outside the lines...
Eddie

There are always alternate solutions. It’s just that some are better than others. I’ll use the inserts but if L need something quick and dirty and cheap, this works. Talk about coloring outside the lines...
Eddie

Very clever! Thanks for sharing it.

Several years ago, long long before I found this site, the lower cross member of my grill frame fell off because these little inserts we are talking about rusted away. I asked around but no one had a clue what they were or where to find them. So I improvised. Here is the base of my grill:
Sjz65z.jpg

I took a 1/4 threaded rod and cut it to fit the length of the bar, thru the end cross member an allow a little for a nut. I took a large fender washer, ground it square and fixed it a couple of inches from the end of the rod with nuts.
afMuJL.jpg

I did it on both ends...
17D1tX.jpg

The pros are this is esthetically acceptable, cheap and completely functional for this application.
The cons are that you have the threaded bolt sticking out both ends so you need to do some frame disassembly to get it into place.
Also, it will not work for the cross member beside the fire box because that requires a bolt through the middle of the bar. It solution to that would be to fabricate a U shaped piece with 3/4in ends and width of a couple of inches. Then fasten a bar to each end of the U piece.
Eddie

I bought a Silver B last year for the Blue Lid. The guy who had it before me did something similar. When I rehabbed it for sell I had used the same threaded stock and put it back together. It is solid as if it was put together with tubing connectors. I cut the threaded stock even with the end of the nuts and covered them with rubber caps as seen in the attached picture. You may have to blow the picture up to see the caps.

Silver B https://imgur.com/a/zUhLIyQ

Bobby

Last edited:
Yes, this is a solid fix. The nuts I used were steel with a nylon insert for locking. Regular Lowe’s stock. Probably would have been better with stainless steel nuts. This grill is my number 2 to get rehabbed and I’ll probably use the inserts. Just finishing up my first rehab for my daughter.
Eddie

Back