End Of The Road

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
No, not that! My recovery from shoulder surgery!
As I stated in an earlier thread, I'm done with therapy.
And it's been just over 5 months since my surgery, so I've got to get ready to go back to work the 9th of next month.
I've been texting my boss this week. There is a brand new position, customer service rep, that he wants me to take. He really likes the way I am with all the customers.
Problem is, it's a brand new position. It's not even being offered yet.
I asked if I could go back to driving until it opens.
No driving openings here. The guy I spent 4 days training has caught on so well, they hired him. #@#%&*% !!!!!
But they are looking for a warehouse guy, so I spent the day making a resume and filling out the application.
It took me all day, because they wanted info on my last 6 jobs!
Uh, I've been with the old company 22+ years! Took time to remember all the jobs I had before my illustrious career slinging batteries!
Plus, questions about my character and values.
Well, I value that I'm a character, but that's about it. I do NOT take life very seriously. Temporary situation, ya know?
So, if the job opens up at the end of the month, I'll be back September 3rd.
If not, I'll be the junior guy in the warehouse! LOL

Yikes, the thread title is very ominous. I think a lot of people will have the same reaction.

Glad you're almost 100% recovered! Hope you get a good position that you want. The company should be happy to have someone like you who is loyal and does his job very well. Good luck!

Back