Dog loves Weber gas grill

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
So my black lab has been licking around the drip pan....
Today I found the large metal 'funnel' that feeds the aluminum drip pan on the ground. Well if that wasn't enough, I also found the three open metal bars below the burners on the ground! Thats with a cover in place. I'm a bit surprised he managed to remove all those parts for his enjoyment.
P.S. The aluminum drip pan was left where it belongs-licked clean.
So how much does your hound love Weber ?

What a hoot! Maybe your next grill should have an enclosed cabinet to prevent this from happening? We don’t have a dog but instead two giant cats that always seem to b3 hungry. I’m amazed at the ways they try to get at the cat food we have stashed away.

We have two dogs a rescue golden retriever / husky / coyote mix and a 1 1/2 year old black lab. The lab has chewed the wheels off of a couple of genesis grills but her main attraction is drip line for the plants. So far she has eaten about a hundred feet of it, not just chewed it but ate it. Now that she is nearing two tears old as we have been told by the lab experts that she will start to mature and stop a lot of the chewing and that appears to be true.
Now her favorite thing to chew on is her rescue sister and they both love to play so that's a good thing.

I've found my drip tray in the middle of the yard many times. The slide out drip pan completely slid out and in various places around the patio. And even the wire holder pulled out of the bottom. That's the main reason I want an enclosed cart. The culprit at my house is also a Lab.

As for the chewing. I got him as a puppy and he wrecked everything he could get his mouth on for a long time. There were moments I wondered if he would live to be an adult. Many $ in chewed up things later he finally stopped.

I've found my drip tray in the middle of the yard many times. The slide out drip pan completely slid out and in various places around the patio. And even the wire holder pulled out of the bottom. That's the main reason I want an enclosed cart. The culprit at my house is also a Lab.

As for the chewing. I got him as a puppy and he wrecked everything he could get his mouth on for a long time. There were moments I wondered if he would live to be an adult. Many $ in chewed up things later he finally stopped.

I feel your pain! We got the lab as a ten week old pup. She never did any destruction in the house with the exception of a pillow that she destroyed. We were really fortunate that the rescue dog also a female immediately started mothering the pup. She taught her were to go potties in the back yard and how to scratch once at the back door to go in and out, never had one accident in the house.
Ours specialized in destroying the back yard. Besides the drip lines she ate Barbs rose bushes right down to the roots and the bushes same thing. Chewed up every planter box we had. I finally fenced off all I could and the backyard looked like a prison camp with all the wire fencing.
Slowly I've been taking down the fencing and she appears not to be interested in the plants anymore.

Back