Thread: Beef Liver

Beef Liver

So I have a beef liver https://6newslawrence.com/calf-liver-vs-beef-liver/ I got with a CSA order... What should I do with it?

Let me know if you have any good recipes.
    Last edited by Holand Legis; 08-24-2019 at 08:59 PM.

I usually marinate it in buttermilk overnite, then bread it and fry it. served with country gravy with sauteed mushrooms.
    If you want to grill it try this; https://oureverydaylife.com/grill-beef-liver-31468.html

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

+1 on that. The buttermilk soak will drive down the metallic taste, and it's hard to go wrong with country gravy and mushrooms. Only thing I could add is to put the whole thing on some sandwich bread and enjoy it.
    (AH)-Black, ThermaPen Classic-Red, Weber 6707 Deluxe Tool Set, Weber 6645 Travel Tool Set, Weber 6469 Premium Grilling Rack

I love liver, but can only cook it when M'lady is out of town.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

TVWBB Super Fan
    I've actually grilled beef liver. Turns out really good. Just ensure you oil the grates thoroughly. Wrap up some onions in a foil pouch with butter for liver and onions
    22" Weber Kettle
    Stumps Baby Smoker

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Farmer View Post
    I've actually grilled beef liver. Turns out really good. Just ensure you oil the grates thoroughly. Wrap up some onions in a foil pouch with butter for liver and onions
    Late adding my 2 cents. Yes, yes, yes, ONIONS!!!!! DH won't eat the liver but he will cook it for me. Just coated in flour, cooked in a little bacon grease, and lots of sliced onion, all in a skillet. And of course, homemade gravy, enough to drown the liver and onions and lots of mashed potatoes and a delicious green of your choosing. (I like it with spinach or fordhook lima beans with lots of butter). That is one of my favorite dinners.