Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying

Annoying

Has any of you flippers out there dealt with this issue before. You find a good deal on CL or FB MP and contact the seller and make arrangements to pick up the grill only to get a reply later on that a family member, relative or friend decided to take the grill. It has happened to me three times this summer. I know darn well what happened most of the time is that someone else contacted them and when they said it was already spoken for, they offered more for it and the seller bit.

I have had that happen a couple times on the grills I am selling where someone committed to coming to buying the grill and then someone else contacted me and offered more. But, I didn't bite. I just don't feel right doing that to someone else. I have also arranged to buy an item and have the seller contact me saying that someone offered more and he took it. I am still disappointed, but it doesn't upset me if they don't lie about it. That happened on a new looking Craftsman push mower. The guy was selling it for $25 and I made arrangements to pick it up the next morning. He emailed me back a few hours later and said he had 16 others contact him within a couple hours after me and then he realized he was selling it way too cheap....I gave him a friendly reply and that was that.

Just venting. It just happened to me on a $30 nearly brand new looking Q1200 red top. But, I really don't need it and it wouldn't have been a big flip profit anyway. I also hope that the other guy winds up not showing up.....hahaha
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Greed is a fact of life, the sense of honor that you and I seem bound to are fleeting faster and faster everyday. I make a deal, don’t change the deal! Greedy weasels will always be among us, we must strive to be the “better men” and be honorable.
    I’ve been caught with that kind of thing a few times and it made me VOW TO NEVER pull that lousy thing on anyone. Try selling vintage instruments and see how weird things can get!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Yes this happens all the time. People put stuff out there for dirt cheap until they get flooded with requests and notice they could have asked a lot more. Ads being pulled only to show up again with much higher prices.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    The guy was selling it for $25 and I made arrangements to pick it up the next morning. He emailed me back a few hours later and said he had 16 others contact him within a couple hours after me and then he realized he was selling it way too cheap....I gave him a friendly reply and that was that.
    This happened to me but I was the seller. Listed a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/235K miles for $500 back in 2007. Wow, my phone/email was going crazy with all of the people interested in it. I did let it go for that amount to someone. Even though the car was cheap, I felt that there were too many rattles/noise to try to get more and I didn't want the person to come back at a later point feeling that they were taken advantage of. No regrets on that deal.

And I have had just as many or more times someone agree to buy and never show up. So for me................."Show Me The Money" though I still tend to err on being a nice guy

I'm selling a Ranger on Craigslist right now, and I'm wondering if the guy who promised to come look at it today will flake. Fun fun!
    Weber Genesis 2000, Natural Gas

Quote Originally Posted by THyde View Post
    I'm selling a Ranger on Craigslist right now, and I'm wondering if the guy who promised to come look at it today will flake. Fun fun!
    Ford Ranger, or Weber Ranger?
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

Ford Ranger. What is a Weber Ranger?

Quote Originally Posted by THyde View Post
    What is a Weber Ranger?
    Turns out, they do exist...

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2015...ross-a-ranger/

Quote Originally Posted by J Grotz View Post
    Cool! All I have is an old Ford Ranger lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast