Looking for more receipes

I have most of the Jaimie Purveyance books and they have been great. Looking for more cookbooks with easy to follow receipes

edit: looking for grilling books (high heat, quick dinner), not BBQ books (low and slow)

thanks!

Last edited:
How about Steven Raichlen's books? or
Rick Browne
Hugh Carpenter
Bob Gibson
George Hirsh
Bill Jamison
Paul Kirk
Rick Rodgers
Chris Schlesinger
and Dr. BBQ Ray Lampe to name a few

Last edited:
What kind of recipes are you looking for? Just grilling ones? I've used the ones on this site in the recipes section and also over at amazingribs.com.

I think Joan wins the cookie for most fully considered library additions!
I have been flying by the seat of my pants for so long, I read recipes more for technique over repetition. I love the dance that is cooking. If you don’t have something or don’t like it substitute something else, add something unusual, have fun experimenting. I do my best to simply see what the concept is, then do what I can with what I’ve got!

I think Joan wins the cookie for most fully considered library additions!
I have been flying by the seat of my pants for so long, I read recipes more for technique over repetition. I love the dance that is cooking. If you don’t have something or don’t like it substitute something else, add something unusual, have fun experimenting. I do my best to simply see what the concept is, then do what I can with what I’ve got!

Thank you Timothy, I do TRY to be helpful here if I can. I do have books by all of those people and lots more. I'm sure there must be a lot of quick and easy recipes in most of them.

I figure my (conservative) amount of cookbooks is roughly 20’ and that does not include periodicals, (maybe another eight feet) if I’m bored with any cooking projects, it’s my own fault! I have tons of places to search for something new!
My parents were both good in the kitchen, as with anyone that cooks for six kids, we had lots of “Batch” cookery.
Since I was the youngest, I had more exposure to some of the more luxurious excursions after all the rest of the kids had left the nest.
Then, my parents left the nest and told me not to burn it down while dads work took him to several other towns finally moving out of the state when the kitchen of my formative years was sold (with me as agent, weird) and life moved around !

I figure my (conservative) amount of cookbooks is roughly 20’ and that does not include periodicals, (maybe another eight feet) if I’m bored with any cooking projects, it’s my own fault! I have tons of places to search for something new!
My parents were both good in the kitchen, as with anyone that cooks for six kids, we had lots of “Batch” cookery.
Since I was the youngest, I had more exposure to some of the more luxurious excursions after all the rest of the kids had left the nest.
Then, my parents left the nest and told me not to burn it down while dads work took him to several other towns finally moving out of the state when the kitchen of my formative years was sold (with me as agent, weird) and life moved around !

That must have been nice having so many siblings. I am the oldest of just 3. Both my parents were pretty good in the kitchen also. But Mom did most of the cooking. What is "Batch" cookery?

Just for the heck of it, I counted just my BBQ/Grilling cookbooks. 78 cookbooks by 22 authors. Why do you think I hang out here? lol

(my mom was born in Michigan)

Batch cookery is things which can be made in large quantity and served as a family with leftovers around to acccomodate the kids who were working at the dinner hour. I’m not so sure the big family when they are all adults, there will be differing opinions when the kids were taught to think! I have not spoken to one family member for several years due to being brought up as thinking individuals. My eldest brother really irks me, just because he’s my older brother, NOT because he is right. You know the type.
Sorry, I saw a squirrel!
Batch stuff like chili, spaghetti, etc.

Back