Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotisserie rubbing advice needed

TVWBB Super Fan
    Interesting reading, and the collar would prevent the skewer from pushing toward the motor and grinding the lid, and I would not have to grin d anything......But it seems you guys prefer the newer lid rather than the older??? Any reason why?? Thanks

Well, they are both great lids. Both great quality. One is new one isn't. One is a cool color, one isn't. They both have their pluses and minuses but it basically comes down to preference. Bottom line is that you have one that is damaged to the point you wanted to swap it out. If you don't like the new black one, I would see no problem going with the original lid. That little chip isn't a big deal imo. Otherwise, you can look for a donor grill to steal one off of. I think there are much better colors than the black and whatever color your old one is.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Actually they r both green , one the Mica green the newer one more of a spruce green
    Well I could b in a worse position having a smashed lid and having to pay $XXX to buy a new one
    Bruce, I guess it would b ok to grind out a piece of the lid where the square part of the skewer hits the lid? Is that what u meant?? Is there a common tool I could use without having to buy a grinder

NO, dont grind the lid. I was talking about the reason you got the new lid with the damage on the front of the old one. Use the color solution that I posted earlier to solve your problem if you are keeping the new lid.

TVWBB Super Fan
    I understand. U mean that link that shows the circular collars.
    I’ll have to go over to Lowe’s tomorrow with the picture and see if they have them

yes. One that will fit on your roto spit so that it buts up to the side of the fire box and wont let the spit slid in far enough to hit the lid.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Good enough. Thanks so much. I changed lids this morning to the old one but if I can get this collar I do prefer the thermometer in the middle. Although I also use thermpro and thermapen. What exactly should I ask for at Lowe’s??

Whatever they call it in the link I posted. Maybe print out a picture of it to take with you.

If you have a Fastenal store in the area, they should have one: https://www.fastenal.com/products/de...d+shaft+collar

TVWBB Super Fan
    Hi
    I have been thinking about the Fastenal idea and wanna ask wouldn’t the rounds disc end up rubbing against the side of the box where it is placed?? Thanks. George

You place the collar on the spit just to the inside of the left of the cook box so that it rubs against that before the spit can actually rub on the end cap on the right.

In this photo on my rotisserie, you see the collar on the inside right of the cook box. THat keeps the roto from moving out further to the right. Your problem is the roto moves too far left, so you want your collar on the inside left of the roto to prevent the roto from moving left and contacting the end cap.

Now, you will notice the type of roto that I have in my grill uses a round spit. Yours is the traditional square shape, I believe. That means you will need to find a collar that fits over the square spit and it might wind up being bigger than 3/8".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast