Thermometer help

Travis-PA

I just bought a 18. Looking for a good thermometer with 3 or 4 probes. Just don’t want to break the bank. Thank you

So, first off lets talk about the bank. This is an item that you should not skimp too much on. You need to be able to trust is rain or shine; having a failure halfway through an overnight cook might not be a good thing. I did a lot of research and went through one return before I got what I wanted.

If you live anywhere that has rain (most people do) then be sure the unit is 100% waterproof. It amazed me how many of these were not. Crazy to be halfway through a cook, have a downpour, and lose your unit until it dries out. I first bought the Soraken but returned it after the display went blank from sitting in the sun for about an hour. I guess the cheap LCD couldn't handle the heat. By the way; it is not waterproof. That was the second reason I returned it...I realized my mistake.

I now have the Inkbird IRF-4s and am quite satisfied with it. Works well, has great range, and is waterproof. 2 Probe unit is $60 and 4 probe is $75 on Amazon. Fully waterproof and the battery life is amazing. I've done at least 4 cooks since I got it; probably 20-24 hours of use and the battery levels are still over 50% from the first charge. Customer service is also great; my "oven" probe (the blunt tip one) failed after the first 3 uses (another good reason to have some extras) and they responded within 24 hours promptly shipping me a new one.

Back