Weber doesn't build my grill?

Troy S in Mn

Hello everyone, first post for me. I am in the market for a Genesis II but Weber isn't building "my" grill. I'd like a
Genesis II, closed cabinet, copper color, sear station. Those features aren't offered. Any idea when new models are introduced? I've been reading about the rust issues with closed cabinets but I nor my family have never experienced an issue with this and I like the cleaner look.

Thanks in advance!

Troy

Looks like Weber does not make all models in all colors. If you want a sear burner and closed cabinet you are limited to black or SS. Or Ace hardware offers a blue model.
Weber sometimes offers specific colors to some store chains such as Ace or Crate ans Barrel. Maybe there is a copper version out there somewhere with the features you want.

I think Costco might have the copper colors.

Earlier Weber models up through 2016 at least have all shown to be rust magnets for the closed cabinet style grills. Both Genesis and Spirit. The newer Genesis II and Spirit II haven't been around long enough to determine if Weber has gotten a handle on it yet. However, living in Minnesota, you are in an area where it is a problem unless you are very careful about how you store and maintain your grill.

By the way, where in SE Minnesota are you? I grew up in Winona.

I think Costco might have the copper colors.

Earlier Weber models up through 2016 at least have all shown to be rust magnets for the closed cabinet style grills. Both Genesis and Spirit. The newer Genesis II and Spirit II haven't been around long enough to determine if Weber has gotten a handle on it yet. However, living in Minnesota, you are in an area where it is a problem unless you are very careful about how you store and maintain your grill.

By the way, where in SE Minnesota are you? I grew up in Winona.

I'm in Rochester, grew up in Mankato. Been here 35 years now.

When I look online at Costco or Sam's I don't see any Weber grills at all?? Are they only in-store and not advertised on-line?

Troy, that might be the case. But it might just be the closest you can get if you want the copper color is an E-315 with the cabinet but no sear station.

Last edited:
Troy, that might be the case. But it might just be the closest you can get if you want the copper color is an E-315 with the cabinet but no sear station.
Yeah, I would probably go for the features and forgo the cabinet. I'm kind of hoping next years models may offer what I want. The Ace blue version doesn't go with my deck colors at all and I was hoping for something other than silver/black. "Good things come to those who wait"??

Any idea when new models are introduced?
Weber's model year runs October 1 to September 30 each year. I've not heard any rumors about new Genesis II gas grills for 2020. Since there was a significant reshuffling of Genesis II for 2019, I would guess they'd not be doing much new for 2020.

Will a copper lid from a Genesis II E-330 fit a Genesis II E-335? Maybe there's a way to make that happen. I know a guy that can order Weber parts... :D

Weber's model year runs October 1 to September 30 each year. I've not heard any rumors about new Genesis II gas grills for 2020. Since there was a significant reshuffling of Genesis II for 2019, I would guess they'd not be doing much new for 2020.

Will a copper lid from a Genesis II E-330 fit a Genesis II E-335? Maybe there's a way to make that happen. I know a guy that can order Weber parts... :D

I don't mean to be fussy but the doors need to be copper too! :) I was thinking of putting copper doors from a E-315 on a copper SE-330 bit was told I couldn't order the doors without a serial #?? The carts appear to be the same and the doors should fit. I would just leave the side and back open. My grill sits in a cove on my deck.

Troy: Go to the store (Home Depot, Ace hardware, etc....) find grill with the doors and lid you like and take a photo of the serial number an use that to order your parts from weber.

Or go to a friendly Ace Hardware and ask if they'll order the parts for you.

Or would it be cheaper to order the control panel and guts from the E-330 and jam it into the E-315? :D

Troy,

Maybe you can do some "swapping" to get what you want. My taste runs more toward that crimson which I think you can get the way you want. One thing I would also want in the deal is the 9mm stainless grates which are really nice compared to the regular 7mm or the porcelain coated cast iron grates. I don't mind (actually prefer) the open look on this one to get the upgraded features:

https://www.bbqguys.com/weber-grill...ition-propane-gas-grill-crimson-61032201-2019

Troy,

Maybe you can do some "swapping" to get what you want. My taste runs more toward that crimson which I think you can get the way you want. One thing I would also want in the deal is the 9mm stainless grates which are really nice compared to the regular 7mm or the porcelain coated cast iron grates. I don't mind (actually prefer) the open look on this one to get the upgraded features:

https://www.bbqguys.com/weber-grill...ition-propane-gas-grill-crimson-61032201-2019

I'm sure I can be build one up the way I want it. Kinda hoping Weber will build it for me!!

Back