Weber Genesis 1000 Redhead "Kit-Kat"

Christopher M

TVWBB Member
Having completed two restores, I wanted to experiment with some new paint. I had a redhead lid that was from a donor, so I figured that would be a good start. It cleaned up nicely using #0000 and Simple Green. It looks like the previous owner used some sort of abrasive on the interior, but overall in good shape. I picked up some Krylon High Heat Brown. I had hoped it was going to be a dark brown, but it ended up looking more like a chocolate color. It literally looks like a Kit-Kat bar. Don't pay attention to the work. I did this quickly, more as a test to see if I could come up with a cool "alternative" color. It's not my favorite, for sure and not sure this will grace my backyard at any point. I don't have a full grill for restoration now, so will likely put this into the shed for storage. I have to say, I do like the logo in brown and if I were to paint the kettle red, it would look even better.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yah, nothing wrong with that shade of black/brown. Maybe a more gloss finish would be my preference though for the end caps.

Back