Summertime Chicken Dinner

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Did a quick chicken cook the other night. Marinated the meat in some oil and cider vinegar and a few spices and just threw it on some direct heat and flipped it like crazy. Came out pretty good.

I've been buying a lot of these guys lately. They're always right around 4 lbs, unlike the Foster Farm whole chickens that are huge. At least around here.

enhance

Quartered the bird and as mentioned above let it marinate for a couple of hours.

enhance

Couple of bakers for an hour.

enhance

Chicken on.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Some asparagus.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Really hit the spot. Happy weekend everyone and thank you for looking.

Don't know how I missed this one, but that sure is a fine looking meal.
I guess I was a little busy with our big freezer that died, which was maxed out with 11 Ribeyes, 4 t-bones, 5 skirt steaks, 4 flank steaks. 2 tri tips, 2 pork butts, tons of chicken and pork, homemade bacon, ETC. Died on Monday last week and the soonest Home Depot could get us one from Phoenix was Friday. Got to hand it to Barb we were able to get everything into the garage refrigerator freezer and the house refrigerator freezer. When she got done you couldn't get a marble in ether one of the freezers and we didn't lose a thing. Didn't think there would be enough air flow with both freezers packed so tight, but they held and Friday when we loaded the new freezer every thing was frozen solid.

Back