Taller rib rack for whole spare ribs available?

AdamDC

All,

I have the Weber 6605 rib rack but it doesn’t hold whole spareribs well. They flop over the top. Does anyone have a different rib rack for the WSM 18.5 that they use. Look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks

Adam

Last edited:
Just coil them. These are backs but the principle is the same for spares
britu7_450.jpg

I've only ever seen whole sides once in, well ever. Our spares are usually $2/lb. These were 79c and they were frozen. Hence my comment for rolling them. I figured whole sides are really rare but who knows.

these were loin backs but you might try using skewers to help hold them in place / apart until you find something better:

54277825_10213960374625379_2101253801141862400_o.jpg

I've had that Raichlen rack since 06. I liked the design because it was taller and held 4 racks of spares and it fits on the 18.5" WSM.

Cons is it's a PITA to clean even tho it says nonstick, and that's after using non stick spray.
The 4 slots are narrow, and if you try to put your spares with the rib tips down its a tight fit and when its time to rotate or flip you'll tear off some of the bark.
Last time I used it was in 012 https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?36878-Ribbage and haven't used it since.

I have prolly 4-5 other racks that I picked up over the years and still prefer the Weber ones.
Spares whole lately I'd rather trim to St. Louis and smoke the rib tips and flaps separately.

Tim

these were loin backs but you might try using skewers to help hold them in place / apart until you find something better:

Clint, that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing it. I think this way is actually better than trying to use a rib rack, IMO.

Back