Cyberq wifi with wsm 14

Bill Thompson

TVWBB Member
I just received my new 14 Tuesday. I love my cyberq wifi I have used for many years with my 22. I moved it to the 14 AMD closed the vent to almost closed, it still seems to be shooting my temp to high. I set it for 130 and it went to 180. I use no water with the cyber. Kbb and some lump with wood chunks. Also i started with about 5 lit coals. I know the 14 is listed with a smaller fan cfm. Is there something I'm missing with this smaller wsm?

Take this for what it's worth. I never used a CyberQ but the Auber I had learned the pit after some use. I suspect that the CyberQ will have to adjust from controlling the 22.5. I have no idea how long that would take but it may be able to adjust to the smaller pit.

Thanks Lew, that would make sense. I know it does learn and adjust but I thought it was just within the powered up time, restarting the learning each time. I have only tried it with the 14 the one time and I forgot that normally I don't plug in the fan until up to temp, then power down and back up with the fan plugged in, but I now remember that I didn't do that either.

This sure sounds weird Bill. You might want to chat with tech support at BBQ GURU. I use a CyberQ Smoke and found it works smoothly and accurately with my 14, 18 and 22 WSM's. I also installed an adapter on a 22" Weber Kettle and it work well with that too.

I think i have multiple air leaks. It works great with my 22. Setup yesterday to do a chuck roast. Temps were better but about 4 hours in had it shoot up again. Had to add water to get back down and then couldn't get temps up where i wanted. I see smoke coming from a few places and i need to get them sealed.

Back