Foil-Packet Lemon Chicken with Fingerling Potatoes

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I know this method of grilling chicken is not new to you, but this was so quick and easy and delicious, you know I had to share it with you. If you try it, please let me know what you think of it. Remember, I do like the feedback. lol

Foil-Packet Lemon Chicken with Fingerling Potatoes
serves 4

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 6 to 8 oz. each)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 lbs. fingerling potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
2 lemons (1 juiced, 1 cut into 4 wedges)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 shallots, sliced 1/4" thick
8 sprigs thyme

Preheat a grill to medium high. Lay out four 18" long sheets of heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes, lemon juice,
3 TB. olive oil, 2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a large bowl.

Divide the potatoes and any juices among the foil sheets, mounding them in the middle. Top evenly with the shallots, thyme and lemon wedges. Top each mound with a chicken breast. Brush the chicken with the remaining 1 TB. olive oil. Bring the short ends of the foil together and fold to seal, then fold in the sides.

Grill the foil packets seam side up, 8 minutes. Flip the foil packet, gently press down and continue grilling until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, about 6 more minutes.

Source: Food Network mag. April 2019

Note: DH added thick sliced zucchini and yellow squash, like I said "delicious"

Last edited:
Eric, how am I missing your posts? I am on here every day checking everything out. So......

Your welcome, I think it should taste good with orange. Enjoy!!!!!!

Eric, how am I missing your posts? I am on here every day checking everything out. So......

Your welcome, I think it should taste good with orange. Enjoy!!!!!!
I am sure you have a lot going on. So no worries, I will let you know how it works out with the oranges

Back