Blue 2000

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
I switched from my 1000 to a 2000 frame. All new cedar, paint and hardware. I had to replace the bottom cross brace due to rust, picked up a replacement tubing at Home Depot. I transferred my blue hood as well. Cleaned up the inside but since it's my grill I didn't a box grind or anything that extensive. I have 3 other hoods if I want to change the color to include a Skyline. I used the Skyline Condiment rack as well. Just wanted to show it off.

https://imgur.com/a/aXSabzm

Great looking rig, Bobby including the red kettle. I am working on a similar grill, and already have multiple hoods ready to go as well.

Very sharp looking grill and you forgot to mention the black control knobs. I wish they were more prevalent on the older Genesis grills.

Great looking grill. I want to do the same with my Skyline. I do have a 3000 which I want to covert to a 2000 since I don't need the side burner.

Last edited:
Great job on the grill restoration! It’s a beauty!

Here is the embedded photo to save people a click.
7xzFp1k_d.jpg

Nice looking grill there. Glad you're actually doing the photo not the links. I have pretty much given up on trying to follow links all over the place

Thanks Bill for the embedded photo, haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. Appreciate the comments on the grill everyone.

Bobby

Bobby,
That’s one beautiful grill! Awesome job on that with beautiful wood.

When you post a picture to Imgur and then select it, there are a variety of copy choices. You want the one for message boards. When you copy and paste that link it will embed the picture in your post.

Thanks Bill for the embedded photo, haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. Appreciate the comments on the grill everyone.

How are you posting to imgur? Using your phone or tablet? I find that the copy choices links are not visible when posting from mobile. On my iPad, I select the uploaded photo and long press to get a copy link option. That has the right url.

How are you posting to imgur? Using your phone or tablet? I find that the copy choices links are not visible when posting from mobile. On my iPad, I select the uploaded photo and long press to get a copy link option. That has the right url.

From my phone, I believe that is why I don't see the copy link oprion.

Oh, damn, I didn't even notice that condiment basket. I thought that only the Skyline series had those?

But, the black knobs are cool as well.

Yah, very nice Bobby. Is the condiment basket and black knobs original with that grill or did you add them later on.

Yah, very nice Bobby. Is the condiment basket and black knobs original with that grill or did you add them later on.

Bruce,

I was just trying to embed a pic without having to click a link. Didn't mean to post the same pic again. I added the knobs and the condiment rack came from a Skyline I bought last year

OK, That explains the condiment rack...But the black knobs came from the skyline as well? I have only seen the gray ones on skylines before.

Back