You've created a monster on Long Island

Scott Le

As my wife has said regarding my new hobby, I’ve created a monster. Yeah I’ll admit I’m hooked on this thing called bbq and smoking for sure. My name is Scott and I jumped in head first this year buying a WSM 22 and I’m liking it a bunch. I’m a veteran at eating bbq but a noob at creating it so here goes nothing. Slowing learning the ways of the WSM. This looks like it may be a long term thing so any and all help on this awesome forum is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome Scott! It’s definitely a lot of fun! Be sure to post some pictures of your cooks. How many times have you used your WSM so far? The first couple of times is nerve wracking but you then find that it’s easy to control.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.... :)

Let us know when you get a half a dozen WSMs lined up in the back yard.

Thanks guys. Its good to know i’m not the only one with a problem... a good one though.
I have seven or eight cooks under my belt mostly chicken and ribs. Most everything turned out ok some better the others. Ready to step up to a lager piece of pork. Still having a hard time controlling temps but I’m pretty sure it’s not quite sealed up yet. Hopefully a few more runs and a gasket or two will help that. Looking forward to the next show

Welcome to the forum Scott. There is a amazing amount of knowledge on this forum and it's yours for the asking. I've been a member for six years and my wife has been a member for four years. We both learn something new almost every day. With ten Weber's in our back yard I'm a user of all but a master of none, but we have upped our game to a level I never could have done without this forum.
Enjoy the ride.

Back