Kettle Pizza

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Most of you know, I use my Frankenstein setup to make pizza. I'm wanting to increase my kettle skills, so I figure I have to figure out a way to cook a decent pizza on the kettle. I think I've come up with something...

The firebricks allowed me the ability to have direct heat underneath the pizza. For my ability, I have to go direct, and as a result, I have to avoid burnt crust. This worked for me

pyFP1sn.jpg

Here's the proof it worked....

Using Barb's dough recipe (but with 1/4 cup more water) I had a pretty good working dough, but I was unable to get it big enough to climb the sides of my CI frying pan

oGPsxAT.jpg

K13oLtd.jpg

The CI likes a lot of real estate, took everything my 22" had to offer

v2O9TuA.jpg

v2O9TuA.jpg

Getting decent crust, I was mostly happy it wasn't sticking

UAdQHic.jpg

Slid right out

Bottom is OK

0IoBrba.jpg

Pretty tasty

hMYBpW6.jpg

The firebricks worked out well, my pit was 400+ degrees, but as you can see, pizza didn't burn, and that's hard to do in a kettle

8jBzyNu.jpgv

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm insanely busy and will be for at least 2 years. But that's a good thing, busy is as busy does

Last edited:
Glad you weren't too busy to stop by and show us a great pizza cook!
Visit us when you can, and take care Chuck!

Look who's here! Man O Man, where have you been???? Never mind, if you told me you'd probably have to kill me. Great looking pizza! Hope that's a Go Giants cook, They kind of sagged on that last road trip. See if you can get a few cooks out there before you vanish again. Welcome back Chuck!

ChuckO, man-o-man that is a post to sticky as a fundamental Weber grilling technique. I must try this!

Ahhh, Chuck, you really seem to cut right to it and show how it’s done! Looks great.
I’m still more “un pizza’d” than I would like to be, must remedy that!

Great to see you back Chuck. Anytime you get the time to post something it's great. I finally made my pizza kettle attachment a garage wall decoration and went back to just the stone and the performer. Really can't tell much difference and it's a lot less work.

Chuck, those were some great looking pizza. Glad to see you back and always enjoy your cooks.

Thanks for taking time to share this! it is very inspirational and now all I need is to stop being lazy and get out there and try this technique on my own.

Thank you sir! Your post is very timely, as I have been working on some ideas to try for pizza other than just directly on the grill grates.

Thanks very much for your time to share that.

I don't think there's anything better than cast iron pizza.
You hit a home run with this one.

Back