22" WSM cover question....

Forrest Joyner

TVWBB Member
My 18" WSM came with a fitted cover many years ago. I'm looking at a lightly used 22". Does Weber still include the nice fitted cover like mine came with? The seller seems uncertain if he has a cover or not...???

Thanks

Mine came with one way back in 2014. I've since replaced it with the newer style. I much prefer it to the old style so if you buy it and need a cover you might take a look at them.

Mine came with one way back in 2014. I've since replaced it with the newer style. I much prefer it to the old style so if you buy it and need a cover you might take a look at them.

Thanks, yeah mine from around 2004 came with a nice fitted cover. I have no reference except photos on Weber's site (was looking at replacement parts WSM cover), but it looks like they are kind of floppy at the bottom now, almost generic-looking. Not a deal breaker, just trying to get my ducks in a row before I do the deal.

The new one's seem flimsy by comparison but they won't get brittle and crack during the winter. They also breath a lot more. We've had some crazy rain and I've gotten very little water in my WSM. I haven't had any mold since I got it, and I had some a few times with the old cover. The new ones are looser but that can be an advantage getting it over various accessories. I've never had it blow off.

Back