Thread: Jumbo Joe handle loose

TVWBB Fan

Jumbo Joe handle loose

wondering what other people are doing to deal with loose handles? The joe is about 3 years old now and Ive had to take mine off 4 times because the screw loosens up, thought about using gorilla glue on the threads and see if that helps, unfortunately I may have get another handle as this one may strip out , I really wish they had put the screw upward like the WSM!
    18 WSM <>JUMBO JOE <>PERFORMER 22-1/2

I think GG is a good idea. You could also add a drop on the bracket under the handle.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

TVWBB Pro
    Not sure how the screw is fastened to the handle. Is it metal screw into wood? Or is it a metal bolt into metal “nut” or socket?

TVWBB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSmith View Post
    Not sure how the screw is fastened to the handle. Is it metal screw into wood? Or is it a metal bolt into metal “nut” or socket?
    its a metal screw no nut, handle is plastic . I put some loctite on it so hopefully it holds this time
    18 WSM <>JUMBO JOE <>PERFORMER 22-1/2

High Heat Loctite #263 Red should do it, but it will never come off
    Last edited by Rob M; 08-06-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    Weber Summit Platinum D4, EH (1994) Smokey Mountain, DZ (2008) 22.5 WSM, ER (1996) Ranch Kettle
    O (1992) Performer, DR (2006) Smokey Joe Platinum & M (1990) SJ Gold, 3 Big Green Egg's LG, Sm, Mini

TVWBB Fan
    Just a drop of super glue will hold it in place and give when you have to remove it. Any more than a drop and the difficulty removing increases

TVWBB Olympian
    Jumbo joe with the high handle and heat shield ? The plastic handle screw comes loose ? That is odd as i have never seen a screw come loose on any plastic handle. Maybe stripped out a bit ? Maybe try a slightly larger screw ? You may have to sand down the side ov the screw to fit in the hole.