Weber Product Rumors?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
It's August, time for rumors to start swirling about new products for the 2020 model year coming out October 1 or Spring 2020.

Are you hearing anything? I am. Rumor or reality? Reality, me thinks. Exciting!

(Unrelated to Weber's Grillers Circle, for those involved in that.)

Just for fun...What would you like from Weber in 2020?

And no, this is not a game of "Hot or Cold". :D

Weber pellet grill.
My sources tell me this is the year it will finally happen.

9YLG9c8l.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I heard a certain member here was working with Weber on a prototype indoor cooker of some sort. :cool:

I thought I heard a certain member here was working with Weber on a prototype indoor cooker of some sort. :cool:

I already have one.;) Disclosure, That isn't a real Weber product, being retired with too much time on my hands I decided to take one of our slow cookers and make an indoor Weber. Painted it red, the handles black and attached a Weber emblem from an old Genesis.
Although I sure have gotten a lot of comments about it over the years.

44655699405_e88052ba96_z.jpg
[/url]100_4094 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
A total electric Genesis with side burner.

Plug it in and watch your electric meter spin like a top. ;-)

Given the way things seem to be going in the People's Republic of California it may soon be the only way you can grill there. Of course they would still need some kind of catalytic converters to reduce the smoke from grilling as well

I was watching a video from the big outdoor show in Dallas this past spring, and someone, I can not remember who, made a passing comment about a "big" name in the grill business getting into the pellet game next year. Did not mention Weber by name, but would not surprise me at all.

I was watching a video from the big outdoor show in Dallas this past spring, and someone, I can not remember who, made a passing comment about a "big" name in the grill business getting into the pellet game next year. Did not mention Weber by name, but would not surprise me at all.

It would make total sense, but I wouldn't be interested. There are plenty of people that would be I'm sure.

I dunno if I buy that it's confirmed. Interesting pic, but other than the lid it doesn't scream Weber to me. That might be a mock-up of what someone thinks it will look like. It could be legit. We'll see.

There will likely be a whole slew of WSM's and Genesis grills hitting the used market next Spring.
I am placing the over/under at $899. Feel free to place your guesses.

If I were gonna go pellet pooper, and its highly unlikely I ever would, but I would go Yoder 640. Just from owner comments I've read on the internet, there seems to be far fewer problems with Yoder. I'd let somebody else be the guinea pig on a Weber.

Yes, the 640 is about $1,800, but I also think its either spend big on a pellet pooper, or don't spend at all.

My daughter has a Traeger pellet pooper and I've had some really good brisket and ribs cooked on it. I'm not as energetic as I used to be and sometimes the thought of set it and forget it appeals to me instead keeping an eye on the fuel and temp for hours. But it would have to be one great deal or Barb would make me sleep in it. With ten Weber's in the back yard now it won't be an easy sale.

When I started this thread on August 2, I heard from a reliable source that Weber was coming out with a pellet grill. I heard the same from another source on August 17. The only photo I've seen is the one in the link above.

Back