Remote Thermometer Suggestions

Brian Johnson

TVWBB Super Fan
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this question, and sorry if it isn't, but here goes anyway....

I'm in need of a new remote thermometer. I've had my Maverick ET-732 for a number of years (as in no longer under warranty) and recently the receiver has started doing this thing where it completely reboots/resets itself if it gets bumped. And by completely, I mean it starts beeping, flashing 8888 on both the pit (as well as any other) part of the display, forgets anything that was programmed into it (like alarm set points or the timer), and loses sync with the transmitter. Up until now, I've been perfectly satisfied with the unit (so I'd be game to replace it in kind), but I thought I'd reach out to the community and see if there was something better I should be looking into since it's been quite a few years since the 732 was the latest and greatest.

So... Suggestion?

I have a number of Thermoworks products and have been MORE than satisfied. I replaced my Maverick remote therm (probes were prone to failure and support was less than helpful.

I have had a couple of Smoke remotes for some time and am MORE than happy. Since the Smoke was introduced, Thermoworks has introduced other products with more features. My suggestion is to check out the features you want/need and go with Thermoworks.

I have no financial interest in Thermoworks - just flat like their products... AND their support!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I haven't gotten that far. My first thought would be around $100 or so. However I am willing to be flexible if it's gonna be worth it.

Given that budget...... I'll echo the Thermoworks suggestion..... and Chris has a code floating around here someplace to funnel some shekels towards TVWBB operations if purchased that way

I was going to just type "DITTO", but I don't think the system accepts such a short reply... So, I concur... Thermoworks is the Bees Knees...

And I concur with Robert's assessment regarding their Support.... EXCELLENT !

Thanks for all the input. I decided to go with the Thermoworks Smoke. Now I need to decide what to cook for its maiden voyage.

Back