Hello from Boise, Idaho!

JohnA_Boise

Long time lurker here. Thought it was time to come out of the shadows. :) I started my Weber habit with a WSM 18 a few years ago. thevirtualweberbullet was definitely a great find for me and helped me avoid a lot of mistakes early on. Since then I picked up a 22” kettle and most recently a WSC. Look forward to talking bbq and sharing some cooks in the future!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! How is life in Boise? I’ve read that it’s a boomtown. Has that affected you?

Welcome to the forums! How is life in Boise? I’ve read that it’s a boomtown. Has that affected you?

Hi Bill. Keep this between us so nobody else hears and wants to move here...:) Life is good in Boise. Friendly, small town atmosphere with big city amenities and a great outdoor lifestyle. I moved here about 5 years ago from San Diego Ca and while it is pretty different from there, I like it and have no plans to leave anytime soon. There are some growing pains for sure, but they are pretty minor.

Glad to hear that life is good there. I would have thought life was good in San Diego as well. I can imagine the skiing is great. I’m an avid gardener as well and it’s interesting that Boise has plant restrictions in order to protect the allium/potato industries.

Anyway be sure to show some pictures of your cooks!

Back