LP Orifice's needed for new genesis e-210

Bradford

Hello,
I picked up a brand new NG Genesis II E-210 that i want to convert to LP. I have the regulator, just need the orifices. It was a customer return so i got it super cheap. I didn't realize that Weber no longer provided any conversion kits which is frustrating and probably why i got such a good deal.

I am hoping there is someone here that needs to go from LP to NG and would be willing to swap parts. It is the newer genesis with the so-called high performance burners.

Plan B is to drill out the center of the NG orifice and tap it so i can insert a brass allen stud which i can then drill out to the proper size.

Any additional thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

I wanted to provide an update on how i solved this. First of all Weber was less than helpful and suggested that i buy a new grill. I had read conflicting information that the manifold and valves were different so I went to the store and carefully compared the NG and LP grills and there really is no difference other than the orifice and the opening of the air intake on the burner. Makes sense....Why would Weber want to have to inventory different parts if they could all be the same except for the orifice. BTW they are also the same except for the hole size.

I installed a LP hose and regulator and hooked up a tank.

I ordered a variety of Orifices from several different sites so i could experiment. I now own a whole bunch of Orifices but i did end up with one that worked. Part # 31500 from BBQ Depot at this link. https://www.thebbqdepot.com/31500-brass-orifice-valve-aog-bbq-galore-charbroil/ . The threads and size were the closest match. I drilled it using a #57 bit, installed using LP Pipe Dope, and adjusted the air intake until i had a nice steady blue flame and i am done.

NG converted to LP

I hope this helps someone else.

Bradford, congrats on finding something that worked for you! Appreciate you sharing your experience.

So you are able to go from a small flame to a large flame? Are the valves continuous or are they stepped (low,med,high)?

Back