Suggested seasoning for rodents

Mark B in STL

TVWBB Member
Got a pineapple and some ribeyes ready to cook tonight. Went outside and uncovered the Q3200, turned on the gas and pressed the igniter. After that I raised the dome to see if it was started ok. About that time I heard a screech and saw movement below the grates. Little guy went out through the bottom and flew off the back of the tabletop below the grill. So tonight’s appetizer escaped with a probable burnt tail, but I was wondering what the proper method of cooking was or if anyone else had experience with this meat?

sG8DDd2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, what fun. Probably a chipmunk. Only seasoning I recommend for them is a liberal sprinkling with lead.

Definitely a field mouse. Fortunately, you didn't have a brush fire in the grill for nest building. Best seasoning is Skippy Super Chuck peanut butter on an old fashioned snap trap. If you had one, there are more to follow.

Interesting. I'm over 50 and had my first experience with a mouse just last week and--believe it or not--in my Q 3200. But I raise my lids before ignition, so he escaped without the heat.

Make a mixture of red chili pepper and water then filter out the solids. Spray the solution around the grill. Rodents will get it on their paws then rub it into their eyes. They won't come back after that.

I restored a Genesis S320 a few weeks ago where mice or rats had been living in. You could smell it it and you there were quite a few droppings in the grills as well. Took me a while to get that grill all cleaned out and sanitized. These rodents love the grease.

Back