Lazzari Briquettes suck

I bought 2 bags of Lazzari Hardwood Briquettes on a sale at our local grocery store. Reading the bag description and inspecting the briquettes, they look like a quality product.
They do indeed grill hot and have good flavor, but once they are glowing with a little ash, if you touch them they turn to a pile of dust. This was a PITA this weekend when I was cooking on my Go Anywhere trying to move coals around for different types of meat. I ended up with a big pile of unburned black dust and had to light a second chimney. Also, if you like to save the coals for next cook, they turn to dust if you try to re-light them.
Skip them.

I haven't heard a good reason yet for using anything other than Kingsford. I've tried a bunch.

Other than that KF smells like a petroleum distillery when burning LOL (and yes I know not to use lighter fluid or petroleum products to light charcoal).

Not available here
Briquettes-retouch.jpg

The only briquets I use now is KBB and KF Pro or Royal Oak. I've tried others with limited success. I really like RO for grilling, but not for the WSM as the briquets don't like to lite off of each other, KF works much better for that application.

Back