Looking for LP valves for a Genesis 1000

MikeGarman

Hello All;

I have a Genesis 1000LX NG grill I have refurbished and converting from NG to LP. I have the orifices sized correctly, I think, but I need to change the valves still. Looking for valves for this and maybe my next project. Looking for 3 or 6. I have another Genesis Gold grill in the local market I am looking at buying, but it is also NG.

It’s best to swap the entire manifold. I have a couple 1000 LP manifolds. Would be interested in swapping for NG. Are you interested?

It’s best to swap the entire manifold. I have a couple 1000 LP manifolds. Would be interested in swapping for NG. Are you interested?

Thank you for the offer, but I wanted to keep my existing manifold. I hope to go back to natural gas on this grill, but for now I wanted to also be able to run propane on it. The original orifices were running hot and I would not get be low 280 on a single burner. I was able to get a new set and tweek the hole sizing right so it runs between 225 (low and slow mode) on a single burner and 550 (pizza mode).

Here is a thought, I am thinking about buying another NG grill, but it is an older genesis gold I was going to permanently change to LP. Are the manifolds interchangeable between a 1000 and gold?

No, the manifolds are not interchangeable.

I'm open to selling the LP manifold. I can post pictures if interested. It's in good shape with some small rust spots.

No, the manifolds are not interchangeable.

I'm open to selling the LP manifold. I can post pictures if interested. It's in good shape with some small rust spots.

Thanks for the offer, but just today another working LP 1000 redhead pop in my area for $50. I also had a guy who wanted to buy my current Maroon 1000 NG one for $200. Thinking I may buy the redhead, sell the maroon NG I referebed and Referb the Redhead. I had fun referbing the NG grill so this may feed my habit until the next grill pops up.

I swear I don't have a problem.....I can stop at any time.

If you still have one to sell how much are you asking?

Yes, I still have it. I think $20 + shipping would be fair. I would think shipping be under $15 but I haven’t weighed it or figure out the size of the box. Send me a PM if you want more details.

Back