My WSM Went On Beercation!

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
With my family spread out all over the eastern half of the states, we get together once a year for a family reunion we have dubbed Beercation. It's either held in Maine, St Louis or here in NC, and we call it that because beer from all over is brought to the fun. And we drink a LOT of beer while there!
This years was held in Hallowell, Me, just outside of the capitol of Augusta, where my brother lives. He's turning 50 in December. But who wants to visit Maine in December? Not me. Too many spent up there when I was a kid! :D
We started off the first night with beer and homemade lobstah rolls! Sooooo good! These are my siblings and myself getting things kicked off!
48322776151_d1b91a992b_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
And, dinner!
48322777776_da65ad56ce_k.jpg
A plated shot.
48322895937_97b75a2bbe_k.jpg
So good! No mayo, just butter poached lobster and more butter!
We went to a brewery that is run by a friend of my nephew in Auburn called Side By Each Brewing. They have great beers and a poutine truck that is there all the time. Great food!
The whole crew.
48322893782_b5047e2432_b.jpg
And, my older sisters.
48322775176_7d81f477a5_b.jpg
We then went to L.L. Bean down in Freeport. This is me, Pammi, my sisters and mom.
48360688626_63e5855a84_b.jpg

The big early shindig was Friday at my brother's house. We had pulled pork, beans, cole slaw and chips. This was the 10 pound butt rubbed and ready to go on Thursday night.
48322782531_f05a3638a6_k.jpg
And, Friday morning when I came in to feed the smoker.
48322901507_5fe4eee38e_k.jpg
The plan was to take it off between 1 and 3, but an impromptu 6th annual family tattoo day went long, so it didn't come off until about 3:30. Luckily, little brother bought a gas grill that I was able to cook the beans on.
And, it got really busy, so no more food pics. :(
But here is my soon to be 89 year old dad, on the left, with his soon to be 87 year old brother!
48360830127_c610297128_k.jpg
And, one of my sisters saw this on Pinterest and shared it with us. I had the brilliant idea to do it with local tall boys from where we all live to give to my brother as a "cake". We kind forgot the candles, though!
Beers from St Louis, New Hampster, I mean Hampshire, here in Charlotte and 2 styles from southern Maine that Ted can't get where he lives! My kinda cake!
48360693216_da53dba0ef_k.jpg
And, packing it all up the next morning to head back to NC.
48360583246_b2451eb3c3_k.jpg
Next years beercation will be in New Jersey for dad's 90th!
Thanks for looking everyone!

Oh now that just looks like a riot! Good food, good beer, good people. I like the way you and your family roll.

Nice photos of the food and the family. Glad you had a great time! That’s a neat carrier for your WSM and accessories.

Where’s the photo of the new tattoo?

Thanks for sharing Phil. Made me feel good just looking at it. Agree with Mr. Smith above. Like that travel set up you have for your WSM.

Nice photos of the food and the family. Glad you had a great time! That’s a neat carrier for your WSM and accessories.

Where’s the photo of the new tattoo?
Here’s all of them.
Pammi got a small cross on her hand.
48364612266_387b653176_b.jpg
My brother, the early birthday boy, got some poetry.
48364619096_a86f019c76_b.jpg
My sisters got “sister” tattoos.
48364619831_1e922e7aeb_b.jpg
48364755927_5f1771080d_b.jpg
Side by side.
48364755582_03abd1ee4f_b.jpg
And mine. Yeah, I like Stephen King!
48364619466_eeace04fd4_b.jpg

Phil, it looks like everyone was having a great time and the food outstanding. That's an awesome way to get the family together with great food and beer. Early HBD to your brother and hope everyone got home safe. Looking forward to your dads birthday next year.

I'm not sure that my WSM will be able to go on beercation next year. It depends on where we stay and where the actual party is held.
Dad lives in a retirement community and they don't allow charcoal grills. @#$%^&%$# !
They are thinking about having it at the clubhouse there. I'm understanding that there are gas grills there, but we have to leave one open for general use.
They also talked about having it at a park, where they have the park style charcoal grills.
I will let everyone know what's decided. It's only 14 months away!

Nice Post Phil.

I need to get my first tattoo.

I think I want a Buddha just darker than my skin color on the pat pad between my thumb & wrist, or near my wrist so it's not visible all the time, "Just be nice" is another one I've thought about putting near that same area.

Nice Post Phil.

I need to get my first tattoo.

I think I want a Buddha just darker than my skin color on the pat pad between my thumb & wrist, or near my wrist so it's not visible all the time, "Just be nice" is another one I've thought about putting near that same area.

Clint, I was 48 when I got my first tattoo. I'll be 58 September 1st and I now have 9.
The best advice I can give you is cheap tattoos aren't good and good tattoos aren't cheap.

Back