Tri Tip and Loaded Spuds

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
In an ongoing effort to purge the freezer, I thawed a nice Choice Tri Tip from Costco. Used Cattleman's California Tri Tip Rub for this cook. Made some Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes and grill roasted artichokes as well. Here's a few pictures of the meat and potatoes.

Got started on the sides earlier in the day. Potatoes on the Weber for about an hour.

enhance

Fried up some bacon for the potatoes as well.

enhance

Mixed the potato flesh with sour cream, cream cheese, extra sharp cheddar, bacon and chives and stuffed the buttered shells.

enhance

Prepped the meat.

A little char.

enhance

enhance

Moved to the cool side.

enhance

Took about 30 minutes total.

enhance

Potatoes on to re-warm.

enhance

After around 10 minutes.

enhance

Sliced and plated.

enhance

This was a fun cook. It was right around 100 degrees when I put on the meat. Could have pulled the meat 5 or 6 minutes earlier for our preferred medium rare, but this was still delicious. Thanks for looking.

I was thinking about Tri-Tip while at work today. Now I'm thinking of your twice baked potatoes AND Tri-Tip. Excellent-looking meal.

Sliced and plated.

enhance

This was a fun cook. It was right around 100 degrees when I put on the meat. Could have pulled the meat 5 or 6 minutes earlier for our preferred medium rare, but this was still delicious. Thanks for looking.

Cliff,

Great looking meal as always! Question for yah, how did you cook the artichoke? I have wanted to cook one on my grill, but haven’t yet found a recipe that I have wanted to try.

Cliff,

Question for yah, how did you cook the artichoke? [/QUOTE]

Thanks WB. It’s an old Weber Recipe. It’s the only way I do them. Didn’t include any pics as I’ve already posted them a few times. Chokes are wrapped in foil and it’s kind of boring photos. I use an older version of recipe that is shown in link attached. I just use several tsp’s of chopped garlic sprinkled on oiled chokes prior to wrapping in foil. Cook indirect for about an hour.

http://smoke.weber.com/pdf/WeberSmoke_GrillRoastedArtichokes.pdf

Last edited:
Great looking TT and twice baked taters Cliff, chocks I know Barb would love those, me not so much.

I could make a meal from just a potato, but would need seconds for that tri tip.
Another real beauty of a cook, Cliff!

Cliff, outstanding job again it all looks so delicious. Yes I lover chocks and will have to give your recipe a try.

Back