Weber Spirit E-210 (newer)

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I am picking up one of these tomorrow for free (55 mile drive). I have never laid my hands on one but they seem like nice little grills despite the dreaded rust harboring cabinet. Other than a rusted out cabinet, I am wondering what other issues this model might have. The owner states that it lights but doesn't get very high flames so I am guessing either clogged burners or a bad regulator....no biggy either way. There were photos on CL but they already took the add down. One of the folding side tables was up at an angled position, so I am thinking it might be damaged, but they didn't mention that and it could be simply be ajar. Anyway, the photo of the cabinet inside was kind of dark, but from what I could tell, didn't look too bad.

So, what else should I expect to possible be an issue on this grill?

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...jIAeul8GkN-alJwqBvUdms9WuZ2VCoUUaAsRUEALw_wcB

Bruce,
Besides the obvious cabinetry issues I guess I would worry about the grates. Burners and the very few flavorizer bars I think would be pretty cheap.

Some versions of these have the GBS insert option. A nice touch if you are into a wok, griddle, pizza stone or the cool beer can chicken inspired stainless chicken cooker.

I had one of these where the wheel brace that is welded to the bottom was rusted enough to bend. The grill would not roll correctly after that and never sat even. It is a poor design in my opinion and I'm not sure of an easy way to correct or reinforce the wheel or brace. It might look good from the top view but be sure to look underneath.

Well, I got the grill. At first glance, it looked like quicky cleanup and flip. The cabinet is rust free surprisingly, the cookbox is fairly clean, the burners look nearly new, the flavorizer bars look like they were used for 4 or 5 cooks max and CI grates seem to be in good shape. I really don't think this grill was used more than a few times and I found out why. The add stated that it lights fine but doesn't get very hot. I figured clogged burners or bad regulator. But after looking closer to it when I got it home, the burners are very clean but the burner knobs looked a bit out of whack. One had the chrome insert missing. So, I pulled the knobs off, but they seemed really wobbly, I pulled the SS manifold cover and find that both valves were broken where they connect to the manifold. No wonder they were not getting gas to the burners....sheesh. I think they were a wisp away from having the leaking gas ignite at the valves and having a nuclear meltdown. Someone must have really slammed the front of the grill to break them like that.

Anyway, I need two valves and a burner knob or at least the chrome insert for one. If anyone can help me out with that, let me know. Otherwise, I guess I will have to go new.

n3UcxDS.jpg

hm86Pt5.jpg

SSeBnkc.jpg

v2hSdAj.jpg

n3UcxDS.jpg

URAoqYZ.jpg

qWY7BJ6.jpg

2rO9tTr.jpg

UfsaJDc.jpg

rWYsKHL.jpg

OK, just called weber, they are shipping me out two new knobs with free shipping ($5.75). She said they can't sell just the valves. The manifold/valves are all one assembly. That was going to be $99 but she offered me a break to $59. I said I would look around and call back if necessary....No way I pay $60 so I am stuck looking for aftermarket or used on the Valves.

Bruc,
I don’t know. How much do you have in the grill itself? I am not sure I wouldn’t go for Weber’s offer and then do a bang-up cleaning job. You would have an essentially all new grill that ought to be worth $250 or more. Those grills do seem to sell here. A lot of people like their compact size.

I have a friend that has that exact grill. He got it when he moved to CO 3 years ago. He hasn't had any problems with his and likes it. Especially compared to the members mark grill it replaced.

I agree with Jon that I think you could get 200 to 250 out of it with the manifold/ valve repair.

Jon, I have never done one with the fold down side tables. But they do seem to be popular. Actually, I think the overall sturdiness of the grill leaves something to be desired, but otherwise, I think they are nice little grills and like you say, they take up little space when stored.

I did some checking and dont see anyone selling just valves, even on ebay, and the aftermarket outfits are charging more than weber for a full manifold. I will give it a little time to see if someone on this forum has a spare to let go of. If not, I will call back and get the new one from Weber for $60. Like you said, it would be a nearly new grill with the knobs and manifold being my only out of pocket cost. Then a little time and labor to clean it up nice and I imagine I could get north of $200 for it.

Well, like my Silver A advertisement says, they don't make them like they used to. But for a lot of people it fits the bill, and like you said the fold-down sides make it very compact. They even make a special cover for it with those down so you can store it in a small space on your deck.

Jon, you dont have a Spirit E210 manifold laying around, do ya? Propane (LP) Manifold Assembly, Spirit "210" Series (2013-2016) Item #69768

I would take the Weber deal. I am guessing the $60 includes shipping. I highly doubt you will find much better
when shipping is included. Clean and reseason the grates,
and toss in a set of $17 stainless steel flavorizors. Should likely do 2-250 as others have mentioned.

No, I have never had one of those personally. I will keep a lookout for a parts one for you, though. Sometimes people dump them if they are all rusted out. But, like I mentioned, if in passable condition they actually do seem to sell around here.

I would look into some type of high strength epoxy. You'd be amazed how well some of them work. My bet is it will be stronger than the metal itself

I guess i could try some JB weld, but with the potential for it to fail and start leaking, I don't want to risk it. I have seen a couple too many grills that had issues at the valves and went nuclear.

In the Philly/ South NJ / Jersey shore market, these E-210s and S-210s routinely fetch $200-$250. I have two... bought one new from Home Depot a few years ago and an S-210 NG, which I bought from a guy on Philly CL for $250...used. The NG ones are definitely harder to come by. The Spirits are popular because they appeal to those that have limited space and/or are only cooking for 2-4 people. I've cooked for 12-15 with mine no problem.

The model you've got has the base cabinet and door and is more heavy duty than the newer line of Spirits.

Last edited:
Yah, I am going to spring for a new manifold from Weber, clean it up and flip it. Doesn't seem like anyone has a spare manifold or valves for these laying around.

Yah, I just don't see any around me either....At least none for a price that I would consider as a rehab candidate. I will call Weber and order a new one next week probably.

Back