McMaster Carr tubing inserts

Richard in NS

TVWBB Wizard
I tried to order the tubing inserts to fix a rusted cross bar on a 3000. McMaster Carr said they could only send it to a business or school, not a private person. It seems to be because I am ordering from Canada and having it shipped to a US address. I was going to the in-laws in RI Aug 5 and wanted to pick them up while I was there as I cannot find them in Canada. Has anyone else had issues ordering from them?

Thanks,

Richard.

No, never, but I am in the US. Can you just have someone in the US order them and have them shipped to your US address? Maybe your inlaws could order them?

Thanks Bruce. I figured it was a Canada issue. Unfortunately they are having some medical issues right now and are not very computer savvy so I did not want to add the stress of ordering them. I found others that should work on eBay that I ordered but was just wondering if others had issues with ordering.

Thanks again,

Richard.

Oh, well, glad you found something that will work for you.
Good luck and enjoy your trip to the States.
Bruce

Bruce, we always enjoy our trip to RI. My parents are gone so it is the only Grandparents our kids have. Although they are adults, they always schedule there vacation every second year to accompany us down to visit. They love to see us and not sure how much longer we will have them. Sure wish they were closer!

I had no issues. In fact, my order was mailed to me and I received an invoice for payment. Was surprised that they didn’t ask for payment up front.

You could order on behalf of your grandparents and then pay the bill once you are there at the house. I think they give you 30 days to pay the invoice.

Well, I picked another MC site, the one in NJ and made the ship to address seem like it was a business and they shipped it. Will be pick it up in two weeks. :cool:

Back