NW Chicago Calling...Larry? Bruce?

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
OLD GOLD
I really like these older Gold/Platinum "wing-table" grills and have seen only one in Florida that I had to let slip by me. Here's a natural gas one:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/717000678/

Great price. A nicer color hood would make for a really sharp and somewhat unique grill, in my opinion.

GENESIS 3
Here is another one I would have a real hard time passing up on if it were near me. Looks to be a pretty early Genesis 3 with black knobs, the first side burner and maybe the old style tank gauge. One of you guys should get this thing and put wide slat tables and horizontal wide slat bottom on it:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/710990286/

I would be VERY interested in the unique parts if someone was willing to get it and didn't want to restore for themselves.

Last edited:
If it had the Summit style side burner it would be worth me chasing it down. But, it's got REALLY bad hood fade and no side burner so it's only real saving grace is the frame design and that's not worth a 70+ mile drive each way for me. If it was out my way I would be on it though

That is a 200 mile drive for me. Way too far. I would consider it if it was local however. LIke you, those style are very rare and I don't think I have seen one around me for a reasonable price.

The Genesis 3? Nah, I would much rather have a 1000-5000 series for me personally and for flipping.

I've got the green version of that 2000-2001 gold C. Great heavy duty frame and it cooks well, but I think it has to be one of the uglier grills Weber has put out. Especially that big plastic handle-dirt collects all around it

I've got the green version of that 2000-2001 gold C. Great heavy duty frame and it cooks well, but I think it has to be one of the uglier grills Weber has put out. Especially that big plastic handle-dirt collects all around it

Ralph,

I do prefer the Platinum version with the stainless portion on the handle. I guess I like that this Genesis really looks different - kind of "macho" - so it stands out. Like Sam, I also think the wire rack cart - Skyline one on steroids - is a kind of cool feature which, again, is not common to any other classic Genesis grills.

Back