Emblem/Badge question

BobW

TVWBB Fan
I really like the 'Red Grill' on some of the badge plates I see you guys doing. How are you painting the grill? I have a fairly steady hand, but still not sure if I could do it clean with a brush. The ones I see on here sure look good, I was just wondering how it was accomplished.

I just spray some hi-temp red on a paper plate or something and use a itty bitty brush. I have very shaky hands, and if I can do it, anyone can :)

BobW: I am certainly no artist either, but the paint tends to bleed to the edges of the kettle logo and stop. There is some physical name for this affect, but I don't recall what it is. Sure, you can get it to run over, but with a bit of care, it isn't all that tough to do. I spray the paint into the concave bottom of a soda can and use a Q-Tip to apply it to the logo. I suppose a real paint brush would be preferable however.

Great replies guys thanks! I have a couple emblems to practice on. If I fudge it I can always sand back off and try again.

Well, the link posted. Not sure how to get the pictures to show up with imgur yet. Anyway, that's the paint I used. I got it from the auto parts store around the corner from me.

If you select the photo, then look to the right for links. Choose BBcode and paste that into the message.

I have found that option on Photobucket but I don't see it with imgur. Maybe if I was on my computer I would see it, but on my phone I can't find it.

Oh, not sure about phone. I find smart phones too cumbersome to do anything on a forum other than read and maybe write a quick post.

I agree. However all these photos are on my phone. The only reason I have an imgur and Photobucket account is because of this site. so it would be good if I can find a easy way to grab a photo off my phone and get it to post here without having to upload and and then use a computer to post. I did find an easy way with Photobucket on my phone but it left a Photobucket watermark on my picture. And Photobucket has been buggy for me making it intolerable to try and use it.

Use a service like OneDrive to keep your photos backed up. Imagur works perfectly with OneDrive. Not sure about Google Photos or Apple stuff

Going back to emblems, I have wanted to post this small update: When I did my Skyline emblem with not only the red kettle but also the "Weber" name and surround painted white, I only used Testor model paint. I was prepared for a short life, but I have used this grill quite a bit and haven't noticed any problem. I am not suggesting you should abandon the use of high-heat paint as has been described here - I plan to use it as much as possible going forward - but it is at least noteworthy that "model" paint which is not heat rated seems to have worked fine.

I will also toss in that while doing the outline and "Weber" in white on the newer style emblem with the current Weber logo does look kind of cool (the same as Weber does its logo), it is a royal pain:p. I worked and worked, but you can still see a few rough spots.

2nlr2me.jpg

Just painting the kettle red is enough for me at this point.

I have found that option on Photobucket but I don't see it with imgur. Maybe if I was on my computer I would see it, but on my phone I can't find it.

On the iPhone, using the imgur app, I long press the image which pops up the iPhone share screen. I select “copy post link” and then in the post on this board, I choose the icon with the picture and paste the link in. You can do Go Advanced to make sure it is displaying correctly. The key point is that the URL should end with .jpg, not be empty or has the word gallery in it. The image icon just wraps the url with IMG bbcode tags.

Back