Glazed Pineapple Wings

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Did a quick wing cook last evening. Glazed the wings with a Pineapple-Ginger glaze. Sided them up with a macaroni salad I made in the morning. Here's just a few pic's.

Rubbed 3.75 lbs of wings with some oregano, cayenne, paprika, sugar and salt.

enhance

Put the glaze together in my little one quart dutch oven and reduces by one half. Glaze consisted of ginger ale, pineapple juice, pineapple glaze and lime juice.

enhance

Applied the glaze before putting on grill. Cooked on indirect for a little over 20 minutes.

enhance

enhance

enhance

The wings had a wonderful taste from the spices and glaze. Having said that I'll apply the glaze after I'm done cooking next time. I gave them a brushing before and after they cooked this time and the sugar caused the wings to get way too dark, while the wings themselves temped out around 160-165. I'm experimenting with a new camera lens and I apologize for the sub-par photos. Anyway, it was fun and made for a pleasurable evening. Thanks for looking everyone.

That sounds like a great combination Cliff. I also learned that vortex + sugar is a burn mix if applied to early.

Cliff, those wings look real yummy and I like the mac salad. That makes a great combo.

Looks really tasty! My only complaint is you should've gone all Island Style and served a scoop of potato mac and a scoop of rice! Kudos though for the mac salad its an under served side in my opinion. Give potato mac a try, best of both picnic salads.

Back