Sams Club Grill Cleaner

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have been using a lot of Sams club grill cleaner this summer on my rehabs. Usually a bottle per grill. When I work on them, I do it on my asphalt driveway and it tends to run off into one area in my yard. It hasn't seemed to do much damage to that area like I was afraid it would do. Maybe this stuff is a bit more environmentally friendly than I thought.

That being said, I am probably going to start doing my cook box and end cap clean ups out in the middle of the grass from now one because I am gearing up to seal coat the drive way this week and don't want to start having problems with that.

Has anyone else found the run off from the grill cleaner to be a big problem with killing vegetation?

Cant get Sam's club here, but I use a generic grill/oven cleaner and the grass gets brown where I hose it off. Grown back quickly, so no worries, but I've been thinking about making a small washing square in the backyard.

I've used it on grass and it killed the grass. I wasn't trying to prevent it. I sprayed liberally, scrubbed a little, and rinsed very little. Think if you watered the area beforehand and rinsed/waterd it thoroughly it would probably be OK. Another week of hot weather and all my lawn will be brown anyway.

I haven’t really noticed that it has hurt my grass, but I can tell you that it will hurt YOU if used stupidly like I did a week ago:(!

I was cleaning grates in my hot water heater overflow pan and splashed some of it on my pants. Must have gotten a more concentrated portion because it burned a couple of nasty holes in my leg skin. Still healing now.

I always wear plastic gloves using this very effective product, but I guess I need plastic overalls too:rolleyes:!

Yah, jon, I did a cook box cleanup last year with the stuff without gloves. By the time I was done, my hands looked like an uncooked ribeye. They were red for three days after that and burned. I went to a Fastenal store and they had green HD rubber gloves for $3 a pair. They work great and don't fall apart like regular yellow dish washing gloves do.

It ill definitely kill vegetation as it is a VERY strong alkali. Almost akin to lye. It will burn skin as well, not to mention it'll make a mess out of your eyes

It ill definitely kill vegetation as it is a VERY strong alkali. Almost akin to lye. It will burn skin as well, not to mention it'll make a mess out of your eyes

Yeah, Larry, the burns in my legs were no joke. One went pretty deep:p. I need plastic pants:eek:!

Back